Witches, Magical Warriors and Demons--Oh my!

I watched in horror as the hulk moved through the parted crowd dragging a young girl behind him and she had the look of pure terror on her face. She couldn’t have been more than sixteen. Her eyes were looking around the crowd frantically finally they met my eyes and I realized what the problem was—she’s blind.  

Luca is standing beside me his hand clenching my shoulder tightly, “We have to get out of here—“ He whispers to me. I know he’s right but as I stare at the frightened girl I feel somewhat responsible for her. If I didn’t exist then she wouldn’t have been dragged into this whole thing. The hulk stopped and pushed the girl forward roughly. She stumbled and fell down next to Nate. I heard a tiny sob bubble out of her as Nate reached down and grabbed her by her arm lifting her off the ground, “All you have to do is bring the barrier down and then we’ll let you go.” He says to her in a sweet voice, as if he actually cared. 

I wanted to rush out there and rescue her from them but Luca held me in place, “No—“ He says to me.

“They’re not going to let her go. They’re going to kill her—you know that.” I say quietly to him under my breath. 

 “If you go out there then you’ll be sacrificing a lot more then one girl.” He says back and his voice make me feel even more conflicted. Nate brings her toward the barrier and stops at the edge, “Put your hands out.” He commands her. She lift her shaky hands towards the barrier and I watch her pull them back quickly when she touches it. 

“You feel that—“ He whispers to her but his eyes are on me making me feel sick to my stomach. The girl nods her head, “What is it?” 

“It’s a barrier. We want you to open it for us.” He says to her sweetly. 

“I don’t know how—“ She stops when he tightens his grasp on her arm. 

“Just try—don’t think about it. Just feel it.” He commands trying to remain calm but I could see the irritation in his stance. My father looked from me to the girl and then back to me with a smug smile. 

“You said you were like witches right?” I question Luca feeling slightly nervous over our odds of walking out of this as free people. “Does that mean you can like combat her magic—or at least slow her down or something?” 

“It depends on how strong her bloodline is—I could try but it would take a lot of my energy to do that.” He sounds tense, “And if they do get through that would leave at even more of a disadvantage.” 

“So then this is hopeless?” 

“Maybe not—“ He removes his hand from me and I turn to see him walking towards the stones. I look back over my shoulder toward my Father and his goons as they wait for the witch to break through the barrier. I bite my lip before I turn and follow after Luca. 

“What are you going to do?” I ask as I watch him start circling around the rock inspecting them seriously. He holds up a hand to me, “Give me a minute while I try to decipher—“ He starts running quickly between the rocks and muttering to himself. I watch in confusion, “Seriously? What is the plan Luca?” I ask in urgency.