Shrinking Universe

I don’t know how long I was out for but when I came to I was laying down in the dirt inside of a small caged in room. My throat was sore where Thomas had practically choked me to death. I pushed myself up off the ground to get a better look but it was a dark building. I turned to see someone else was in the cell next to mine. The person was huddled up in the corner making them into a dark mass. 

“Hello?” I called out. When they didn’t answer I moved closer to their cell but stopped when they let out a low growl. A pair of glowing eyes looked up towards me catching my gaze causing me to take a step back. I was the one to look away when the heavy door screeched open casting in the light from the setting sun. I squinted a little not prepared for the onslaught of light. 

A bulky man entered through the door, “Time to get up you dogs.” He yelled out in a deep voice and moved deeper into the room banging on the bars with some kind of metal stick. The person in the cell next to me let out a vicious snarl and raced towards the bars clearly with the intention to deal some damage but the bulky man gave a sadistic smile and when the other person who I could now see was a younger man about the same age as me reached the bars, that metal stick came through and touched his skin. I watched in shock as the young mans body stiffened up and convulsed before he fell away to the ground. 

The bulky man let out a laugh, “Stupid pup…You think you would learn by now…” I looked away from the young man to his attacker shrinking back further into my cell. My wolf was growling viciously in my head wanting me to attack but after what I had just seen I thought better of it. The bulky man looked towards my cell his eyes meeting my gaze, that sadistic smile still planted on his lips. 

“Well, well, well…Looks like we caught a kitten instead of a dog.” He moves closer dragging the metal stick along the bars. Every clang causing me to flinch—my eyes burned with unshed tears—all I wanted was to be safe and to see victor again. I was so tired of all the running and hiding. I really wanted more then anything to go back to a time when everyone wasn’t trying to kill me—when things were simpler and I could just be Lex. 

“Here, kitty—kitty—kitty.” He taunts with a small amount of laughter. He stands in front of my cell looking in on me between the bars. 

“Asher has something special for you kitty-cat.” I watch as he pulls keys out of his pocket and unlocks the door to my cell. He pushes the door open with ease and steps into the small room with me. My fangs came out and my eyes took on their wolf glow, “Stay away from me!” I growled sen though I wasn’t feeling very confident. He smiled as his eyes took on their glow, “No can do—I have strict orders to bring the enforcers bitch to the pit…” 

I began looking around frantically as I backed away, “What’s the pit?” 

He took a step towards me, “The place where all the bad little boys and girls go—“ He continues to move towards me, clearly mocking me. I press my back into the wall, “If you harm me I promise you, that you will regret it. Victor and his friends will be very angry—“ I don’t even believe that they’ll care much if I died but it seems like these people might believe it and at this point I’d say anything. 

The man lets out a roar of laughter, “That’s kind of the hope Kitten, or else doing any of this to you would be pointless…” A shiver of dread rushed over me as he stared into my eyes. My body suddenly felt like someone had shoved a hot poker to it and that fire was spreading over my skin. I looked down to see he had pressed the shocking stick to my flesh. When he pulled it away my body collapsed to the ground. He smiled down at me as he stepped to the side and two more men entered my cell and I knew they had come to take me to the pit.