Taste My Fury

A/N: This chapter is can get quite violent and graphic.  For my younger readers and those easily disturbed by violence or violent thoughts you've been warned. 

------------------------------

I had never been more nervous in my life than I was in that moment as we made our way out of our prison into the large house that was filled with vampires who wanted nothing more than to destroy the world. Luca walked in front of Asher and I looking around with a serious expression. He paused when we reached the end of a long hallway than motioned with his hand for us to wait. Luca ascended the stairs when he opened the door at the top where I could hear the voices and laughter of men. 

 My anger boiled under the surface as I thought about the vampires up there joyously celebrating there work while my mother had been locked away in that dark room for who knows how long. I felt pressure on my shoulder and turned see that Asher hand was resting there. I looked up to his eyes meeting his steely gaze, "Don't worry we will give them back double what they have dealt out to others." His voice is low but I can hear the promise of blood in it. Asher might be a rogue but in someways his convictions and way of being didn't seem so different from the enforcers. They all lived their lives by codes of honor and violence.

 I hadn't ever imagined myself as someone other than peaceful but after everything I had been through I was beginning to think that perhaps there was a darknesses inside of me that thirsted for blood—only I wasn't going to let it be used against the innocent. The only blood that I would ever use to quench that thirst would be the blood of my enemies. The very enemies laughing and carrying on the floor above me, who seemed completely unawares of the violent thoughts swirling through my mind. I looked away from Asher toward the staircase the beast inside rearing it's ugly head, "I can't stand this..." I mumble as I shift forward. I rubbed my fingers to my temples hoping to push back the imagines that were becoming hard to ignore.

 Blood. I wanted their blood on my hands as I ripped them apart. I wanted to watch as they were destroyed. More than anything I wanted to see the look in their eyes when they knew that they were about to die and by my hands. I felt something in my mind snap as the thirst for vengeance became overwhelming. 

 "Wait!" Asher whisper yells as if he caught onto my thoughts but it was to late was already flash stepping myself up the stairs and into the large room. To say that I surprised them was an understatement. Luca eyes widen at the sight of me standing in the doorway. I know he had planned something completely different but I was helpless against the fury that burned inside of me, begging to be released.

"How the hell did you get of those chains?" One of the vampires yelled. I turned my attention to him a slow smile creeping over my face. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath the sweet scent of their blood filling the room, "You smell delicious..." I say as my eye pop back open and focus in on my prey, "Tell me what do you think you taste like?" I taunt him. The vampire looks around at his friends in an edgy way before focusing his attention on me. 

I took a couple of steps further into the room, "I can tell you that you're not nearly as sweet as you smell."

He hisses at me, "You're going to wish you had stayed in that damn dungeon princess." He flashed towards me but I easily avoided his attempt to grab me.

He glared at me where I stood ten feet from him, "No I probably won't but you definitely will when I'm done." He readied himself to charge for me again but Asher suddenly appeared at the top the steps right behind him. Our eyes caught each other for a split second before he reach out and grabbed the vampires head between his large hands and twisted. His neck made a sick crack and the room became deadly still the only sound was the weight of the dead vampire smacking against the hard floor. Everyone stared at the scene unmoving and then suddenly the room broke into chaos.