Short On Time

I look away from his electrifying eyes to the ground where I see my own paws. I shift back and forth moving away from his touch, I know what I look like I’ve seen myself once before and it was strange. I know that my fur is white, so white that it looks like it glows when lights hit it. I am smaller then the enforcers and I’m sure most of them it must be because of the fact that I’m not fully a werewolf like them. I know how much my two-toned eyes stand out in this form and it makes me seem so alien. I am like alien—nothing about me is normal. 

I grit my teeth together and growl in frustration. I just want to be free to run under the moonlight. I feel a hand touch me and I shift away quickly growling at the person only to find Elena giving me a sheepish grin, “Sorry—“ I felt guilt build up in my chest and my ears pressed down. She tilted her head to the side and smiled at me, “Would you like to go outside?” I perk up at her question. 

“Elena—“ Victor speaks lowly. She doesn’t look away from me, “She isn’t going to do anything and keeping her chain up like a beast isn’t going to help anyone. You’re her mate Victor—If you don’t trust her then no one else is going too…” The last bit was definitely a reprimand and I looked toward Victor who was looking at Elena his lips pressed into a thin line. He closed his eyes and then look to me, “If we go outside you have to promise to stay where I can see you. No wandering off, do you understand me?” He sounds like my dad. I stare at him for a moment and then let out a small yip. 

He sighed heavily, “Mikhail is not going to like this at all—Let’s go.” He squats down and reached out toward the chain on my neck. His eyes lock with mine and I can feel the magnetic pull more so then usual. A small smile takes it place on his face and he shakes his head as he unchains me as if he is having a private joke with himself. I shake myself out once I’m free, stretching out my neck slightly. My wolf and I feel a rush of excitement once I let the freedom set in and then I’m racing around the room. 

“Woah, she’s got a lot of energy doesn’t she?” Elena comments with a small laugh. I start running tiny circles around Victor making sure to rub up against his legs when I get close to him. It feels wonderful—better then any other time I’ve shift. I wonder why this time is so different? Victor reached down and grabbed me by the scruff of my neck as I was passing by. This action surprised me and brought a tiny yelp out of me even though it didn’t really hurt me. 

“Follow me and stay close to my side.” He commands me in a low voice before he lets go of me. I look up towards his face and into his eyes which have a faint glow to them. A surge of dominance comes pouring out of him  I lower my head after a moment of looking into his eyes. He starts moving towards the door and I follow close behind him my nail clicking softly on the tiled ground. He leads us up the stairs and into the main room. I immediately feel restless and my senses start to spike all over the place telling me I need to protect myself. When a loud growl echoes through the room, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?” I push my body in front of Victor and let out my own growl as a response. 

“Mikhail!” Elena’s voice snaps, “She didn’t choose to shift—she couldn’t control it. She isn’t like the rest of you. Her wolf isn’t like the rest of us.” She squats down beside me and reaches out towards me bringing another growl out of her mate, “Don’t…” He says sounding worried. She looks towards him defiantly and then back to me. I realize that I have to make them understand that I won’t hurt them, not only because they are my mates friends but because I don’t want to hurt them even if they’ve been complete idiots towards me.