Prologue: The Rise of The Supreme Alpha

Hey everyone! So this is the second book follow 'The Hunted' 

The events that your about to read in this chapter are taking place during the same time that Mikhail, Elena and everyone are dealing with the Vampires and Rogues and all the supreme Alpha stuff. 

Just to clarify so you have a reference point for the beginning of this book. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as the last one! 

-----------------------------------------

 I dance my way out of the crowd and make my way over to the table full of alcohol ready to get a lot more drunk by the end of the night. I notice a cute boy near the end of the table and our eyes meet. He shoots me a heart stopping smile as he raises his red cup at me before taking a drink. I look away from him shyly smiling to myself. Before I can reach the table I feel small hands grab onto my arm and I spin around quickly to look down at my best friend. Her brown eyes looking up at me nervously, "What's wrong sky?" I ask. 

"We have a problem Lex—" Skylar shouted up to me over the music her eyes drifting over to where her boyfriend Vince was looking about ready to go two to two with another guy who was wearing an equally murderous look. I cursed under my breath, "Damn it! Why does he always do this shit—" I say as I quickly marched over to my cousins closet where I knew he kept his baseball bat. I pushed the making out couple out of my way, "Get a room!" I snap at them as I open the door feeling pissed off. I wrap my hand around the bat grabbing it quickly and slamming the door closed. 

I push my way through the crowd of drunk people grinding on each other toward the boys in hopes of stopping them before they turn into a bunch of head bashing cavemen. 

"Excuse me?" I holler up at them and Vince looks in my direction quickly taking notice of the bat in my hand. He looks away clenching his jaw muscles tightly before taking a step back away from the stranger I didn't recognize. Good thinking big boy, "Do we have a problem here?" I ask of them. Vince bites his tongue, "No everything is cool Lex." My best friend Skylar comes quickly to Vince's side and he wraps his arm around her shoulders protectively. The stranger doesn't seem as willing to let things go, "Hiding behind a couple of girls. That's weak." He sneers. 

I shake my head at his apparent lack of a brain, "Hey buddy, why don't you and whoever you came here with leave while I'm still in a relatively forgiving mood." The strangers dark eyes flicker to me and his nostrils flare a bit, "Oh yeah and what are you going to do about it cupcake?" I feel my hand tighten around the baseball bat. A tiny growl echoes through my mind at his clear challenge. I plastered a fake smile on my lips, "Oh there are a lot of things I could do about it—" I take a step closer to him and bring my body close to his suggestively, "Something a lot like this—" I bring the bat up quick and hit him right between his legs, hard. 

He groans and falls forward  a bit grabbing onto himself. I am still smiling as I grab onto the collar of his shirt, bringing my face close to his, "Now I suggest that you and your friends leave before I show just how much a  Cupcake like me can do?" I whisper sweetly into his face. His eyes are full of rage but he doesn't say anything more. I back up away from him and turn away to my friends who are both trying not to laugh. 

"You're insane Lexicon!" Skylar shouts to me with excitement over the music moving out of Vince's hold on her. I frown at her, "What did I tell you about calling me that?" She completely ignores my comment and keeps talking, "I can't believe you just did that!" I grin at her as come over and shove the baseball bat flat into Vince's chest. He grabs lightly onto it with a grunt. I level him with a serious gaze, "Stop being such an idiot okay? I don't want to have to keep saving your drunk ass." He frowns a little and nods his head, "Sorry Lex." Skylar is too drunk to even know what's happening anymore as she starts dancing around us like a total dork. I shake my head as she grabs onto Vince, "Come on baby, I want to dance." She drags him away into the small crowd of people.