Just What The Doctor Ordered

Elena was not at all like I expected to her be considering she lived in a house full of broody men and her boyfriend? husband? or whatever he was seemed to be the most broody of them all. Elena though was like that awesome older sister you knew would buy you and your friends alcohol. She pulled me into her walk in closet and motioned toward her clothes, “You can pick whatever you like—I’m not really good at fashion or anything so trust me you don’t want me to dress you.” I smile at her words and look over the clothes hanging in the closet. 

“So how did you get suck here?” I ask as I start rummaging through the clothes. “Oh I was a prisoner—not much unlike yourself.” Her comment take me by surprise and I look to her with wide eyes, “Seriously? So then this is like something they like to do for a hobby or something? Kidnapping girls and keeping them locked up? I’m not really into that kinky shit—except for this one time my ex-boyfriend he pissed me off so I tied him to his bed naked and left him there for his parents to find him.“ I comment and she laughs and I laugh remembering his stupid priceless expression. 

“Oh, I like you Lex.” She says after some laughter, "You're just my kind of girl. You're exactly what the doctor ordered to help whip these boys into shape." I smirk at her comment as I continued to search through her clothes thinking of one boy in particular that I would love to 'whip' into shape. Emphasis on the whipping part. 

“So then you ended up dating one of them after they kidnapped you? I think they call that stockholm syndrome you know.” I say raising an eyebrow. She coughs at my question and a tiny blush creeps up into her cheeks, “Uh—something like that.” 

“Are you being forced into being some kind of sex slave or something?” I ask with concern. I put my hand on her shoulder, “It’s okay you can tell me. We can escape this place together—but first revenge of course.” Her eyes widen and she stares at me and then starts busting up laughing, cover her stomach with her hand as if trying to contain herself. Personally, I didn’t know what was so funny about that question, perhaps she was so fragile she finally snapped. After a good couple of minutes of laughter she pulls herself together, “Sex slave? Sweetheart If anyone is a sex slave here it would be Mikhail not me.” She says with a mischievous glint in her eyes. 

I feel my cheeks blush at her statement, “Oh—“ Is all I can say feel awkward now for even bringing it up now. 

“Don't worry I'm not being used and we’re not dating. We’re mates.” She says as if understanding my awkwardness. I look to her with confusion, “Mates?” 

She makes a face of surprise and then quickly makes a face like she’s concentrating before she responded, “Yeah it’s a wolf thing—We all have a particular person that is made specially for us and when we meet that person our wolves know on instinct. It's not always a simple process though trust me.” I stare at her blankly for a few minutes as if trying to think over this concept, “So you’re saying that Mikhail is your soulmate or something?” She thinks over my question for a second before smiling, “Yeah pretty much.” 

I nod my head and notice a red dress out of the corner of my eye and reach out and pull it down, “I guess that’s what my wolf has been complaining about this whole year then—makes sense…” I mumble to myself as I hold the dress up to my body and look in the mirror positioned in the closet. “So like how do you know when you’ve met them?” 

She bites her lip for a second, “I don’t know if it’s the same for everyone. I knew Mikhail was different because of his smell.” The comment about smells makes me feel a small feeling of dread in my stomach, “Smell?” 

“Yeah, he had the most intoxicating scent I had ever smelled—every time I smelled him I wanted to just rip my clothes of and--“She looks at me and blushes a little, "well yeah, you get the idea." Her words make my heart speed up in my chest. I knew someone who had an intoxicating scent that seemed to drive me crazy like that. I felt like I wanted to sit down for a second to let my mind process everything. “Are you okay?” Elena asks with concern. My eyes snap back to her, “Oh yeah—just hungry. I should probably change real quick.” I force a smile and she nods and leaves me to get changed. 

Do not think about this right now Lex. There is no way that you found your mate or whatever. It’s probably just like Victor said you’re just sexually frustrated and haven’t been around so many males, hot males might I add, in a long time. I quickly reassure myself as I change into the red dress. It covers more of my body coming down to my mid thigh, but it’s snug in the chest region, clearly I was bigger then Elena. I give myself a quick once over, "This is definitely not any better than what I was wearing before." I mumbled to myself. 

I come out of the closet and find Elena siting on the edge of her bed. Her eyes open wide taking me in and I feel slightly nervous for a minute, “Do you think this is okay?” I ask hesitantly not wanting to have to deal with being dragged back upstairs to change again. Elena smiles, “You look fantastic. To die for.” She winks, “Now let get some food I’m starving and if we don’t hurry those idiots will eat it all.” 

I smile, “I think I can help with that. Get on my back.” I suggest and she blanches at me, “Are you serious?” 

I roll my eyes, “Just trust me okay? I’ll get us there before you can even blink.” She frowns but hoists herself up onto my back and I find that she is extremely light, almost like a feather. “You know I am having and odd sense of deja vu over this.” She comments as she wraps her arms around my neck. I smile feeling my muscles constricting a little, “Hold on tight.” I let my instincts take over for a moment. I flash step us out of the room, down the hall, down the stairs and straight into the kitchen. The room becomes incredibly still at our sudden appearance. 

Elena is laughing as I slowly set her down on the ground, “Oh my god. That was so much fun. You’re even faster than Sasha.” She comments wobbling slightly. I reach out and steady her with my hand with a sheepish grin. 

“What the hell Elena? You can’t go around comparing my awesome skills to a blood suckers that’s like sacrilegious or something.” The black haired woman from the prison room comments, noting her name was Sasha. I smirk a little, “What, can’t take a little friendly competition?” I say cooly. Her eyes flicker to me and then narrow. The blonde guy, Gideon standing next to her grips her arm tightly. My smirk fades as I come to remember that these people aren’t my friends, I was their prisoner. Well, I suddenly felt a loss of appetite as I looked around the kitchen at all the glaring faces. 

"Whose hungry?" Hannah jumps forward with a bright smile, clearly completely oblivious to everything.