The Two Converging Paths

I posted a picture of Lex to the right :D

Enjoy the new chapter! 

Also I wanted to thank Eversheart for the awesome book cover! :D 

---------------------------------------

I stare blankly at the clear plastic glass wall in front of me and the urge to scream is sitting nicely in the back of my throat. How long have I been in this place it felt like I had been here for years but truthfully it probably had only been a couple of weeks. I growl and push myself up off the bed and start pacing back and forth If I stayed trapped in this place any longer I was going to lose my mind. 

When the door outside of my room opened I turned quickly to see Mr. White Coat as I liked to call him entered followed by his posse that also happened to wear white coats. His eyes roamed over my body from behind the plastic walls that held me prisoner. I tried not to vomit in my mouth at the way he was looking at me, “How are you feeling today Lex?” He asks me his voice slightly muffled. I continued to stare at him and then by instinct I moved in a flash and was standing directly in front of him on my side of the glass, “Thirsty!” I say as I stare into his eyes furious. 

He didn’t seem at all bothered by my statement or my actions, neatly looking down to his clipboard and scribbling something down onto the paper.  “Can you please tell Gray to bring in something for Lex to drink? She’s feeling a bit thirsty.” One of the other white coats walked back to the door and motioned for someone. After a minute a familiar face walked in through the door and I felt my body temperature rise. I watched him like hawk watches a rodent running in a field. He made eye contact with me and smiled, “Hey princess—Miss me?“ I slammed my hand against the plastic and my desire to rip his face off made me want to barrel through this prison. My wolf was growling viciously in my mind. 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He comments. I glare at him before I flip him the bird, “How about this for a yes—“ I reply with a hiss and he laughs like I’m oh so amusing to him. I glare at him, “You should be thankful there is a wall between us because you’re the first person on my ‘need-to-murder’ list.” A large man comes into the room with a girl thrown over his shoulder. My hand falls down from the wall my anger slowly fading at the sight. The large man toting the girl walks over to my cell door and I back up because honestly I’m a little freaked out. Nate hits the button that unseals the door and then the large man comes in through the door dropping the girl to the floor in heap. He levels me with a blank look before he exits my cell the door sealing behind him. 

The scent of blood hits my nose and I feel like someone has put a hot poker down my throat. I stare down at her in horror and take a step back away from her wrapping my arms around myself. She let out a tiny moan as if coming to from whatever had been done to her. Her eyes snapped opened and they glowed a bright blue for a moment before turn back to normal. She quickly scurried back when she saw me, her back colliding with hard plastic wall. 

“W-who are you? And where am I?” She asks me her eyes looking around the space noticing that there were people watching us outside of our small cubicle of space. I looked toward the people watching us from the other side of the looking glass and rage began to build up inside of me. I leveled them all with a death glare and flash stepped my way to the plastic glass slamming my fist into it as hard as I could. It shook under the force of my blow and most of Mr.White Coats posse flinched back. I shook with the intensity of my anger, “You’re all going to die when I get out of here.” I had never been more serious or sure of anything in my life.