A Word That Rhymes With Witch

A/N: Sorry that it took so long for me to update this book. I was suffering from some brief writers block but I think I've got it all out of my system now and even come back stronger with some awesome plans. So thanks for sticking around. There are only a couple chapters left in this story. 

I don't want to give away too much but this is only the second book in the series I've planned. Just like in 'the wolf inside' there were some things left without closure and that will also happen in this story as well. I guess I'm just trying to prepare you for what is to come and so that you aren't like 'OMG YOU CAN'T END IT LIKE THAT?!' :P.  All in good time! 

On a completely different page---Let me know about who you've been shipping...I'm pretty curious. 

-------------------------------------------

My mind was full of all the things I had learned over the past couple of days and it seemed to me that I was no longer the girl I had thought I was. I had come so far since I had been kidnapped from that party. I had seen things and done things I never though I would have been capable of. I had met my real parents, one turned out to be a complete psychopath and the other appeared to be broken beyond repair. The one thing I was very certain of was that My father had to pay for what he had done to my mother and all the other innocent people that had gotten caught between him and his goal. I didn't care if that meant I had to turn myself into a weapon. 

I raced towards the now raising sun that was peeking between the trees. I don't know how long I had been running for but I was starting to grow tired. I slowed my speed when I began to sense that something was off. My eyes scanned the trees around me looking for the source of the strange attack of my senses. I heard the subtle sound of a branch snapping overhead. I looked up quickly as Sasha and Sarafina dropped down out of the trees like a pair ninjas holding wooden spears in their hands. There eyes completely blacked out as they focused their attention on me with the intent to kill me. Luckily, recognition took over and they both relaxed.  

"You should have shouted or something—" Sarafina scoffs, "We could have killed you."

"Sorry. It's not like I was expecting you two to drop out of the sky like vampire slayers." I say a little breathless and then smirk a bit, " Plus, I don't think I'd be that easy to kill." 

Sarafina returned my smirk with one of her own, "Oh don't go getting cocky on us now kid..." 

 "Where's the other two idiots?" Sasha questions but I know she's referring to Asher and Luca. I frown at her question but didn't get a chance to answer her before Victor showed up. He pulled me away from them and into his arms. He nuzzling his face into my neck, breathing deeply.

"Hello to you too—" I tease as I relax in his arms not realizing how much I had needed his touch. He pulled back slightly but kept his hands gripping me as his eyes scanned over me as if looking for any signs that I had been injured, "This isn't your blood?" He questioned me. 

I looked down remembering my blood stained shirt and skin. I shook my head, "No it's not mine. We got ourselves into a bit of a situation..." 

"Clearly..." Eris voice broke over mine. I pressed my lips together for a moment before looking of my shoulder to see the blonde demoness leaning causally against a tree. I ran my tongue over my teeth, "Eris—" I greet her with a flat tone. 

She pushed off the tree with a look of irritation, "You were just about to explain the situation—don't stop on my account." 

I frowned at her as she approached us, "What's there to explain, it's not like you don't already know what happened..." I accuse her. She gives a hollow smirk in my direction, "Interesting assessment, and what exactly are you accusing me of? Just so we're all clear."