Keep Your Friends Close but Your Enemies Closer

“So you’re telling me that Luca channeled the witches power in an attempt to summon a demon to help you guys and accidentally summoned Malpas?” Eris asked me for the like the twentieth time. I rolled my eyes and lean back in the chair, “I’m pretty sure I told you that—Yes! That’s what happened…” Eris looked like she was ready to strangle someone. She turned away from me mumbling under her breath. 

“What of the witch?” Eris said turning back to me. 

“The last time I saw her she was alive. Luca made Malpas promise not to harm her…” I said with a slight shrug looking around Eris to the bed where Luca seemed to be resting peacefully. “That doesn’t seem like Malpas at all. He hates witches.” She mumbles, “But If he gave his word then I’m sure the witch is still alive—but he wouldn’t do that for no reason—which means he knew you would tell me this and he’d expect me to find her…” I looked back to her in confusion. 

“He said if he ever saw her again he would kill her.” I say quickly afraid that maybe she is planning on catching her and bringing her to him. I didn’t want her to die but more then that Luca seemed very intent on her living so I figured there was an important reason. Eris waved her hand, “Don’t worry I’m not looking to turn the witch over to him—I would never do anything willingly to help Malpas.” Her tone of voice tells me she is sincere in her words. 

“Then why do you care so much about him?” I ask curiously, “Actually why are you both so interested in each other?” I rephrase my question. Eris stares into my eye and I feel a strange uneasiness in the pit of my stomach. Sarafina was the one to speak up, “Sorry Kitten but there are just some things that are need to know and you don’t need to know the answer to that question.” I continued to stare at Eris for a moment before looking away from her to Sasha who was leaning against the wall near the door. 

Sasha pushes herself off the wall and moves to look out the window behind me, “We should probably get out of here pretty soon. We had a couple of vampires tailing us—we took care of them but I’m sure there will be more where they came from. If we stay here much longer we’ll be sitting ducks.” 

Sarafina let out a heavy sigh, “Man, this is such a pain in the ass. I should just change my name to Buffy with the way things are going.” Sasha snorted at her comment clearly finding it humorous. Eris moved away from us toward Luca, “You are going to have to carry him—“She looks back over her shoulder at me. 

“Me? Why me?” I question. 

Sarafina and Sasha share a laugh, “Because you’re the one with hulk like strength bloodsucker.” I glare at them for a moment before turning my attention back to Eris, “Where are we going to go?” 

“There is a rogue pack not far from here—They wouldn’t think of us hiding out with them, considering who your friends are.” Eris says with a subtle smirk. 

“Rogue pack? Do you think they’ll let us hide out with them?” I question biting my lip. Eris gives me a serious look, “They will because their little leader owes me a favor but I wouldn’t wander off to far because if anyone figures out that you’re a mate of an enforcer then I don’t imagine I will be able to keep you safe.” 

I swallow hard, “So you’re saying my options are basically risk getting captured by vampires or risk getting killed by werewolves—is there a third option where, I don’t know—I am not at risk of losing my life?” I ask sarcastically.