6. Neighbours

"Oh, goddamn, this campus is too huge" Jeongguk said and sighed. 

"Yupp" Taehyung said. "But it's beautiful. Do you think our parents studied here?" he asked. 

The two of them had taken a small nap after settling down in their room and were currently out exploring the campus. 

"Maybe. Why else would they decide this college for us before we even completed high school?" Jeongguk asked. 

"Hmm. That's what I thought. Nothing else makes sense" Taehyung said and pointed to an open area with a few benches in it. 

Jeongguk got the message and flopped onto a bench along with him. 

"You really have to get a haircut" he said after they sat in silence for a while. "Uhuh? You don't like this look on me?" Taehyung asked. 

"Why is that even going to matter?" Jeongguk asked. "I'm just asking, you prick" Taehyung said. 

"Fine, I don't. It doesn't suit you" Jeongguk said. 

"Hmm" Taehyung hummed and ran his fingers through his moderately long locks. "I went for a cut last month though, remember?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I do. It's weird, though. Your hair is growing back too fa-" Jeongguk got cut off by a growl from his stomach. "Ughh" he said and placed a hand on his stomach. 

He wasn't embarrassed by it. He and Taehyung had lived together for a really long time and they were past the point of being embarrassed by such things around each other. 

"Let's go and find some food" he said and looked to his side and realized that Taehyung was already up, waiting for him to get up as well. 

He got up with a grin and fell in step with his best friend. "You aren't feeling hungry?" he asked. 

"Don't even ask me. I feel like I can eat an elephant and still feel hungry" Taehyung said with a hand on his own stomach. 

"Why didn't you mention it, then?" Jeongguk asked. "I don't know" Taehyung said. 

Jeongguk dropped it at that and they continued to explore the campus with the goal of trying to find the cafeteria. 

Both of them liked the campus. There were many trees, just the way they liked, and they were sure they would spend most of their time outside than in their room. 

"Ughh, finally" Jeongguk muttered when they discovered the cafeteria. "What are you gonna eat?" Taehyung asked, pulling his wallet out. "Jajangmyeon" Jeongguk said and looked around for a seat. 

"Alright. You go and sit. I'll bring the food" Taehyung said and walked towards the counter while Jeongguk walked towards a table and flopped onto a chair. 

"The food's cheap here" Taehyung said as he walked back to Jeongguk with two bowls of Jajangmyeon in his hand. 

"Hmmm" Jeongguk hummed and took a deep breath. "Smells great too" he said. "Hell yeah" Taehyung said with a grin and sat down on the chair in front of him. "Dig in" he said, pushing one of the bowls towards Jeongguk. 

Jeongguk immediately grabbed the chopsticks and started to guzzle the noodles down. He looked up after finishing half of his noodles and noticed that Taehyung was wolfing his noodles down as well. 

Once they were done, they pushed their bowls to the center of the table and pulled their phones out. With one of their hands draped on the chairs next to them, they relaxed for a while, going through their social media accounts with the other hand.