11. Missed class

Three weeks later......

"But, hyuuuuuuuung!!!!" Jeongguk whined. 

Taehyung sighed for the fourteenth time that day and looked down at his phone, ignoring Jeongguk's whines and waiting for the rest of their friends to join them so that they could start having their lunch. 

"Hyuuuuunngg!!!" Jeongguk whined again. Taehyung pretended to yawn and then stuck his finger into the ear that was facing Jeongguk and wiggled it vigorously. 

"Hyung!!" Jeongguk called out angrily. "What?" Taehyung asked, thinking Jeongguk finally stopped whining about his subject. 

"I am not understanding anythiiiiii-"

Taehyung cut him off with another huge fake-yawn and dived back into his phone. 

"Hyung, this is not fair!! I am trying to talk to you and you are royally ignoring me" Jeongguk complained with a pout. 

"That's cause you are talking nonsense" Taehyung said without even taking his eyes off his phone. 

"Nooooooooo-"

"What are you whining about?" Namjoon, who reached their table alone, flopped next to Jeongguk and asked him with an amused smile. 

"Oh, hyung!! Thank god, you are here!! I need help!" Jeongguk exclaimed with wide eyes. "Sure. What is it?" Namjoon asked. 

"Dahyun was texting me three days ago during class and I couldn't resist myself, so I texted her back and so I missed the whole lecture, and now I can't understand a single thing" Jeongguk said and pouted again. 

Namjoon chuckled and ruffled Jeongguk's hair. "Is that what you were whining about?" he asked. "Yeah" Jeongguk said and pouted harder.

"Poor Taehyung" Namjoon chuckled again. Taehyung chuckled back and hit the back of Jeongguk's head. "He can be quite dramatic at times, you know?" he said. 

"You didn't have to hit me for that!!" Jeongguk exclaimed and rubbed his head with a scowl. Even though Taehyung just meant it as a pat, the place where he hit him really hurt. 

"Yupp. You didn't have to hit him for that. You can't hit him anymore, Taehyung. Wait until he matures and then you can beat him to a pulp and I won't even stop you. But until then....refrain yourself from being too physical with him" Namjoon said and stared right into Taehyung's eyes. 

Even though it seemed like a very common and normal advice, it sounded completely weird to Jeongguk. Taehyung, however, understood exactly what Namjoon meant and nodded his head like an obedient pup. 

"Wait, wait, stop, stop, stop, stop. Did you just call me immature?!" Jeongguk asked, feeling strangely offended by it. 

"That isn't what I said. Anyways, what's the topic you missed?" Namjoon asked. "Quantum Mechanics Introduction and a few topics after that" Jeongguk said. 

"Hmm. Let's go to my room after lunch. I'll help you catch up" Namjoon said. "Really?! Thank you, hyung!!" Jeongguk exclaimed happily. 

"What are you thanking him for?" Seokjin, who had entered the cafeteria just then, asked as he settled next to his boyfriend. "He's gonna help me with a few topics that I missed in the class" Jeongguk said excitedly. 

"Ohh, that's nice. How're things going with Dahyun and Jihyo?" Seokjin asked. "Amazing" both of them answered together. "They had sex last night" Jeongguk said, pointing openly at Taehyung. 

"Ohh? What were you doing, then?" Seokjin asked. "I tried to tune their sounds out, but it didn't work, so I went for a walk after a while and returned after a couple of hours" Jeongguk said. 

"Oooooooh, nice" Seokjin said and turned to Taehyung in an impulse. "Do you think you impr-"

"SO!!" Namjoon cleared his throat loudly. He threw a glare at Seokjin before attracting Taehyung's attention. 

Taehyung, who understood what Seokjin just let slip, widened his eyes and scrambled to change the topic as well. 

Jeongguk, being the observant guy that he was, immediately caught on to the subtle chaos, but let it go. He couldn't force stuff out of them if they were willingly trying to hide things from him. 

Namjoon had already made it clear that they did not belong in his gang and that they were just their friends, anyway. 

But what did hurt him a lot was the fact that it seemed like Taehyung was in on the secret as well. It made him feel terribly left out. The two of them had never hid anything from each other and now that Taehyung was starting to hide something from him, it hurt very badly. 

"...so, Taehyung, this Thursday, you remember, right?" Namjoon asked. 

"Yeah, yeah, I remember" Taehyung said. 

"Remember what?" Jeongguk asked. 

"Another party at Jimin's house" Taehyung said. 

"You are going again?" Jeongguk asked. 

"Yupp. You can ask Dahyun out for a date on that day. You can take the car too if you want" Taehyung offered. 

"Why? I can come too, right? I'm turning eighteen next week, anyway" Jeongguk said. 

"No, Jeongguk. You can't come yet. You will start coming soon, though. Just not yet. When the time is right, I will call you there myself. But until then, you can't attend it" Namjoon said. 

"What do you mean when the time is right? I can attend it the next time, right? I'll be eighteen by then" Jeongguk argued. He really didn't like how his friends seemed to do everything while leaving him out of it. 

"I know, Jeongguk. But don't ask me anything for now. I'll explain everything to you when the time is right" Namjoon said tiredly. 

"But-"

"Jeon Jeongguk"

Jeongguk backed down immediately, suddenly feeling scared shitless. He didn't know where the fear came from. It just did. It bled into his blood and made it freeze.

He understood why the rest of the students in the university were scared of the Psychs. Namjoon, its leader, was too intimidating and Jeongguk realized that he would shit his pants if Namjoon used that kind of tone on him once again. 

He decided to shut his mouth from then. Namjoon said he would tell him everything when the time was right. So he decided to wait until then. 

"Good" Namjoon said when Jeongguk didn't reply. "Looks like the rest of them are not going to come. Let's have our lunch and then you and I can go to my room, okay?" he suggested. 

"S-Sure" Jeongguk squeaked. 

Taehyung chuckled silently, looking fondly at his best friend. He did feel bad for him, but he was in no position to do anything when Namjoon raised his voice. 

When the time was right, when Jeongguk matured as well, the Alpha would explain everything himself. Until then, he had no choice but to keep his best friend in the dark.