10. Upset bestie

"What happened to your beard?!" was the first thing that Jeongguk asked when he opened the door for Taehyung at six in the morning the next day. 

"M-My beard? I-It's gone?" Taehyung asked, immediately placing his hand on his jaw and feeling his clean shaven jaw. "I-I shaved it in...in Jimin's house. He....he said it didn't suit me, so I shaved it" Taehyung said, lying right through his lips. 

He knew exactly what happened to his beard. He knew exactly what happened to him the previous night and the other two nights when he had terrified the living daylights out of Jeongguk. He knew what was going to happen to him as well. He just didn't want to worry Jeongguk about it anymore. It would be too much for his best friend to handle.  

"You are lying" Jeongguk deadpanned. 

"What?! No! I'm not lying! Why would I even lie about my beard?! Let me in first!" Taehyung exclaimed. 

"Hyung, you seriously think I wouldn't be able to see through your lies after living so long with you? Tell me the truth and then I'll let you in" Jeongguk said and drummed his fingers on the door that he was still holding to stop Taehyung from entering the room. 

"Stop this nonsense, Kook. I have no reason to hide anything from you" Taehyung said and shoved Jeongguk away from the door, making him fall on his ass in the process. 

Jeongguk stared at Taehyung with a pained and shocked expression. His ass really hurt because of the force with which Taehyung shoved him. 

When did he gain so much strength?

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" Taehyung blurted out and rushed to help him up, but Jeongguk jerked his arm out of Taehyung's grip and scrambled backwards until his back hit the wall. 

He just looked away and got up on his own and walked towards his bed without another word. 

"Kook..." Taehyung called out repeatedly, but Jeongguk was already under his comforter with his pillow on his head to keep Taehyung's voice away from his ears. 

Before he knew it, he fell asleep and the next time he woke up, he felt a pair of sturdy arms wrapped tight around his waist and a solid chest pressed against his back. 

He fidgeted slightly, not wanting to stay in his arms but wanting to snuggle deeper at the same time. 

He was still angry about the fact that Taehyung was not only hiding things from him, but was also manhandling him physically and calling his concern 'nonsense'. 

But he didn't like any kind of tension between the two of them. Even if he was the one who was mad at the latter, he didn't like it. 

"You're up?" Taehyung asked. His voice didn't sound groggy, so Jeongguk concluded that he must have stayed awake the whole time while cuddling him. 

He stayed silent. 

"I know you are up, Kook. Let's go and have breakfast outside the campus" Taehyung said and Jeongguk still stayed silent. 

"Jeonggukieeee" Taehyung whined and played his fingers across Jeongguk's stomach, knowing he wouldn't be able to resist tickles. He quickly climbed on top of him to tickle his sides better. As expected, the room soon filled with roars of laughter from Jeongguk.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm really very sorry" Taehyung apologized with a pout after a while. 

This time, Jeongguk rolled his eyes before letting his lips quirk up slightly. "Alright. Let's go" he said and hit Taehyung on his chest before sliding away from his position under him. 

"Hey!!!" Taehyung protested as he turned around to face Jeongguk, who was already standing at the threshold of the bathroom with his toothbrush in his hand. 

Jeongguk raised an eyebrow questioningly. "You didn't say it was okay" Taehyung pointed out with another pout. 

Jeongguk put his index finger up, asking Taehyung to stay right where he was and wait for a while. Once he was done freshening up, he walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his neck. 

"I didn't say it's okay because it isn't. I will forgive you after you tell me what it is that you are hiding from me" he said. 

"Meanie" Taehyung mumbled and walked into the bathroom and shut the door on Jeongguk's face. "Look who's talking!!" Jeongguk exclaimed from outside and received a loud 'Shut up!!' in return. 

............................

"Hyuuuuuuuuuunnggggg!!! Ugh, I hate you, ewwww!!!" Jeongguk exclaimed loudly with coffee sprayed all over his face and upper torso. 

"How did you expect me to react, then?!" Taehyung exclaimed and rushed to pick a few tissues up and clean his poor best friend's face. 

"Certainly not by spitting your coffee out right on my face!!" Jeongguk exclaimed with a subtle whine in his voice. 

It amused Taehyung to hear Jeongguk whine like a kid, but he knew that this was not really a good time to smile or laugh if he didn't want his best friend's frustration to shoot up the roof. 

"I'm sorry!! I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry, but you can't expect a normal reaction after throwing a bomb on me like that!!" Taehyung exclaimed with his hand still cleaning Jeongguk's face. 

"It wasn't that shocking. You are just being dramatic" Jeongguk complained with a frown. 

"I'm not!! You literally said out of the blue that you have a date tonight and that you set one up for me as well!! That is shocking for any normal human being, unlike you!!" Taehyung exclaimed. 

"Alright, fine, fine. I'll go and wash my face. You order another coffee for yourself" Jeongguk mumbled and threw Taehyung a stink eye before walking towards the restroom in the restaurant. 

"Are you at least gonna tell me the girl's name or do I have to find that out myself after I meet her?" Taehyung asked sarcastically when Jeongguk returned. 

"Aish" Jeongguk said and rolled his eyes before dragging his chair back to sit down. "Your date's name is Jihyo. Mine is Dahyun" Jeongguk said. "Both look crazy hot and cute. Perfectly our style. It's a double date. Here at eight" he continued. 

"Here?!" 

"Yupp"

"Waaaaaah. I can't believe you managed to score two girls on your first time in a club. Such a playboy, you are" Taehyung said and grinned. "Do you have her pic?" he asked. 

"Of course. I took a selfie with them" Jeongguk said and opened his gallery. "Here" he said and pushed his phone towards Taehyung. "The one on my left is Dahyun. My date. The one who took the selfie, on my right, is Jihyo. Your date" he said. "And you are welcome" he added at the end. 

"Jeongggguuuuuukk" Taehyung called out the second his eyes landed on the picture. 

The phone fell from his hand and clattered on the table as he shot up to pat his best friend harshly on his back. "Oh, goddamn, I'm so fucking proud of you!! You are lit, man!!" he praised him. 

Jeongguk raised his own collars at that. "I know, I know" he grinned. "Let's go for a drive today. It's our last free day" he suggested. 

"Yeah, sure" Taehyung said and sat back down to finish his breakfast happily. That day was going to be a great one, after all.