15. The party

"Jeonggukie!!" 

"Dahyunie!! You made it!!" Jeongguk exclaimed back and let his girlfriend run into his arms and peck his lips. 

"How can I not?! It's your birthday party, after all, even though it isn't your birthday" she snickered. "Dork" Jeongguk snickered as well and led her inside. 

"So this is Jimin oppa's house?" Dahyun asked. "Yupp" Jeongguk said. "Where are Mr. and Mrs. Park, then?" Dahyun asked. "Jimin hyung got them to spend time in their friends' house tonight" Jeongguk said. 

"Wow, that's cool. So who all did you invite?" Dahyun asked. "No one. Just our friends and you and Jihyo noona" Jeongguk said. "Ohh, that's even more cool," Dahyun said, "but Taehyung oppa is gonna be sad, right?"

"Hmm, yeah. I feel bad for him too" Jeongguk said. "Hmm, me too" Dahyun said and waved enthusiastically at Jihyo, who was sitting on the couch along with Jeongyeon. She ran up to them and joined them on the couch. 

"Okay, everyone's here, right? Can I bring the wine now?" Seokjin asked from the kitchen. "Yes, hyung" Jeongguk yelled from the living room. "Your house is cozy, hyung" he said to Jimin. 

"Thank you" Jimin said and brought huge speakers from his room. "You wanna blast songs or wanna have fun without it?" he asked. "Without it" Jeongguk said, immediately feeling guilty when he realized that Jimin had to take those huge speakers back to his room. 

"Lemme help, hyung" he said and ran to help Jimin, but the second he wrapped his arms around one of them, he realized that his strength was no where enough to lift it even a centimeter off the ground. 

"Ugh," he grunted, "why are they so heavy?" he turned around to ask Jimin, but his jaw dropped when he noticed Jimin carrying the other speaker like it was a piece of sponge. 

"Leave, it, Ggukie. I'll carry them" Taehyung said from behind him and lifted the speaker just as easily as Jimin did and walked behind him. 

Jeongguk's jaw dropped further. He supposed that was just another byproduct of the drugs that Taehyung was taking behind his back. 

Superhuman strength. 

He shook his head with his jaw still hanging open. 'Damn, now I wanna take those drugs too. A buffed up body and super cool strength wouldn't be bad' he thought and an idea suddenly struck his brain.

What would happen if he snuck into the party the next time they held one? They were keeping him from entering it, right? What would they do if he already sneaked in? They would have no choice but to let him in if they didn't want to be exposed. 

Jeongguk began to smirk involuntarily, appreciating himself for coming up with such a brilliant idea. 

"Yo, creepy butt face" Taehyung called, bringing him out of his self-appreciation party. "What?" Jeongguk snapped at him. "Stop smirking like a rogue" Taehyung said. 

"I wasn't smirking" Jeongguk mumbled and got away from Taehyung to avoid questions. He couldn't afford to bust his idea. He wanted body and strength like his best friend too. He didn't want to be left out. 

"Ohh?" he exclaimed and walked towards the mantelpiece in the room. His eyes almost bulged out of their sockets as he stared at a particular photo on it. 

"Taehyung hyung!!" he suddenly called out. "What?" Taehyung called out. "Come here!!" Jeongguk said. "Ugh" Taehyung grunted and walked towards the mantelpiece. "What?" he asked, sliding one of his arms around Jeongguk's waist. 

Jeongguk swatted his arm away and shook his finger at him. "I'll bite your fingers off if you tickle me in front of every one" he threatened, making Taehyung roll his eyes. "I won't" he said and slid his arm back around Jeongguk's waist. 

"Good. Look at that" Jeongguk said and pointed to the photo that almost caused him a heart attack a few moments ago. Just as expected, Taehyung gasped loudly. "What is he doing with Mr. Park?!" he asked, pointing an accusing finger at the picture. 

"How am I supposed to know?! You were the one who partied here twice. You didn't even bother to tell me that Jimin's family knew him" Jeongguk said accusingly. 

"Hey, I didn't know either!! I was too busy to see these pictures!!" Taehyung exclaimed. "Too busy doing what?" Jeongguk asked. "Umm....I...Jimin-ah!!" Taehyung called out, trying to evade Jeongguk's question. 

Jeongguk rolled his eyes and let it go for the moment. 

"What?" Jimin asked when he reached the mantelpiece. "How do you know this man?" Taehyung asked, pointing to a picture where Jimin's father stood with his arms around the shoulders of a man they knew very well. 

"Ohh? That's my uncle" Jimin said, staring fondly at the picture of his father and his uncle grinning widely at the camera. 

"Y-Your uncle?" Jeongguk stuttered, exchanging a bewildered look with Taehyung. Both of them had the same thought in their mind. 

'So Mr. Park did keep tabs on us the whole time.'

"Why do you look so shocked?" Jimin asked, but neither of them heard him. The only thing blasting their minds was how they were fooled by Jimin's father. 

Jeongguk remembered the conversation they had had with Mr. Park the first time they met him. 

"You said you knew our parents....?" Taehyung asked hesitantly. "Of course" the man said and gave them a proud smile. "We were close. Your parents too, Jeongguk" Mr. Park said.

"Ohh? So you kept tabs on us after the accident?" Jeongguk blurted out. He wanted to know how the man knew their faces.

"Not exactly" Mr. Park said.

Jeongguk looked at Taehyung, staring right into his eyes and it was as if they shared a telepathic message. 

'Park Bogum....Park Seojoon.....how did we miss it?'

"Hello...? Taehyung.....?? Jeongguk.....????" Jimin called out, bringing them out of their trances. "What's wrong? Do you guys know my uncle?" he asked. 

"Of course, we do. He was our godfather" Taehyung mumbled. 

"He was your what now?!" Jimin exclaimed loudly, attracting Namjoon and Yoongi's attention. "What's going on?" Namjoon asked, but his question got ignored. 

Dahyun and Jihyo walked to them as well, wanting to know what the commotion was about. 

"Our godfather" Jeongguk said to Jimin. "After our parents died, he moved into our house to take care of us. He died three years later, though. Another freak accident" he explained. 

"The cops told us it was a car crash. They didn't even let us see the body" Taehyung said sadly. 

"What?! My father told me he died in a plane crash!!" Jimin exclaimed. 

"What?! No! The cops said it was a car crash" Taehyung argued. 

Dahyun and Jihyo looked at each other and frowned. 

Namjoon, who caught on to what actually happened to their godfather, immediately shut them up by clearing his throat loudly. "Ask your dad once again, Jimin. You might have mixed your facts up" he said with a subtle glare that none of them missed. 

Jimin got the message. 'Shut your mouth for now. We can discuss things later'. He cleared his throat and looked down. "Okay" he said. 

"Alright, enough tension, kids. Come here and let's have cake and pizza and wine" Hoseok said and clapped his hands to gain their attention. 

"Yupp. Come on, lets celebrate now. We can think about that later" Namjoon said and led the herd back to the couch, but Jeongguk couldn't stop thinking about one thing in particular. 

If Taehyung failed to notice the picture that was right in front of him the whole time, it meant that they weren't actually partying here. No matter how stoned he was, there was no way he would miss the face of their godfather. 

He concluded that Jimin's house must have a basement. They must be partying in it instead of partying in the open. 

Either that, or they weren't partying at Jimin's house.