23. Werewolf Basics 102

"WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!!! TELEPATHY?!?!" Jeongguk yelled incredulously.

"Yupp" Namjoon said. "Oh, goddamn, that's so fucking cool!!" Jeongguk exclaimed, making everyone in the room, along with Taehyung, chuckle at him.

"So why do you have to dig your nails into their necks if you can just read their minds instead?" he asked.

"I can't read their minds. I can only hear what they want me to hear and they can only hear what I want them to hear. It's just like talking, but we do it in our minds. That's it. We won't know what's happening in their mind using pack telepathy. I need to use my nails for that.

Betas can't do that nail-digging thing, by the way. That's something only Alphas can do. We can do it to any wolf in the world if we want to know something. We can actually do it to humans too, but we generally don't do it because humans can't heal as fast as us" Namjoon explained.

"You can heal fast?" Jeongguk asked. "Very fast" Namjoon said and Jeongguk suddenly remembered the wound he had seen on the back of Taehyung's neck the day Taehyung threw him to the wall and injured his back.

He supposed that was the day Taehyung got accepted into the pack. Then again, Hoseok had told him that that was the day Taehyung transformed into a complete wolf for the first time. It made sense.

"Oh, hyung, there's silver left" Jimin reminded Namjoon. "Yeah, I'm coming to that" Namjoon said and cleared his throat once again. "You must have heard of this, right? Wolfsbane and silver are harmful for werewolves" he said.

"Yeah, I was about to ask you about that" Jeongguk said.

"Hmm. It isn't true, though. Only half of it is. Wolfsbane isn't actually poisonous to us, but hunters mix it with silver to harm us and that becomes deadly. Silver in itself is very deadly, so you have to be very careful. Even silver accessories burn you once you start turning into a werewolf" Namjoon said.

"Ohh?"

"Yupp. That's why none of our houses have silver cutlery or anything related to silver. It is really very deadly to us" Jimin said.

"Ohh, right!! We don't have any silver cutlery in our house either" Jeongguk said, pointing to Taehyung and making him nod along.

"Yupp. You have to careful, Jeongguk. It's fine for now, but after a couple of months, you are gonna start maturing too. Your scent is nearing its maturity as well. Once your pre-transformation stage starts, you have to start taking these precautions too" Namjoon said.

"You mean staying away from silver?" Jeongguk asked. "Yupp" Namjoon said. "I don't have to worry about that. There isn't anything related to silver in our room" Jeongguk said.

"There is" Taehyung said. 

"There is?" 

"Yupp. The bracelet that Dahyun gifted you has a charm, right? That charm is made of silver" Taehyung said.

"Ohh? I didn't know that!!" Jeongguk exclaimed and brought his fingers to his wrist to fiddle with the bracelet that his girlfriend had gifted him on his birthday.

"You won't. But it will start burning your wrist when your pre-transformation starts" Yoongi said.

"Ohh. But I can't take it out. It's a couple bracelet. She'll feel bad" Jeongguk said sadly. "I know. Keep it for now. We can come up with some excuse when the time comes" Namjoon said. "Okay" Jeongguk said and eyed his bracelet.

"That's all for now. You have any questions?" Namjoon asked. "Just one" Jeongguk whispered with his eyes still on his bracelet.

After a while of staring at it, he looked up at Namjoon to ask him the question. He felt hesitant to ask it as he didn't want to hurt Taehyung, but he knew he had to know the answer. His whole life depended on it, after all.