37. Publicly possessed

The next month went by peacefully except for the sudden outbursts of Jeongguk every once in a while. Luckily, every single time Jeongguk burst out, Taehyung was there to cool him down. 

Namjoon, being in the same department as Jeongguk, kept an ear out for the floor two floors under his own, just in case Jeongguk burst out in the middle of a class. 

Thus, everything went on smoothly until the afternoon of the next full moon, when a classmate bumped into Jeongguk by mistake, making his books fall out of his hand. 

Instead of bending down to pick his books up, Jeongguk growled at him and threw him to the wall immediately. 

Namjoon was down in an instant, scaring the people on the floor because of how he seemed to appear out of thin air.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Namjoon apologized to everyone around them and grabbed Jeongguk by his shoulders. 

Unfortunately, that made Jeongguk angrier. He tried to lash out at Namjoon as well, but he couldn't get out of Namjoon's strong hold. 

Namjoon hoped Taehyung would come faster. He had sent the warning out the second he heard Jeongguk's growl and was sure Taehyung would be here soon. 

He secured Jeongguk against his shoulders with one arm and used his other hand to cover his mouth to stop him from yelling and growling in front of everyone. 

Jeongguk glared daggers at everyone in the corridor, but Namjoon managed to drag him away from the floor after apologizing to everyone once again. 

Taehyung came to his aid after a few more seconds. The two of them dragged Jeongguk to a secluded corner and looked around to make sure none of Jeongguk's classmates followed them to the spot. 

Once Namjoon made sure they were really alone, he transformed into a werewolf and growled at Jeongguk. The harder Jeongguk struggled, the harder and louder Namjoon growled. 

While Taehyung kept Jeongguk secured against the wall, Namjoon stood in front of him and glared into his eyes with his own wolf eyes glowing red. He had his fangs and nails out as well. 

Jeongguk tried to growl at him repeatedly, but he growled back continuously and glared him down until his head was right above Jeongguk's head. 

Within seconds, Namjoon gained an upper hand in the situation. Jeongguk calmed down and slid down the wall. Once Namjoon was sure Jeongguk was fine, he transformed back and let out a breath of relief. 

Taehyung let go of Jeongguk with a sigh of relief as well. However, the sigh sounded more like a whimper than a sigh. His legs buckled under him and he ended up sliding down the wall as well.  

When Jeongguk heard his heavy breaths, he turned to him with concern and found him trembling with his face buried in his hands. 

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly and moved closer to Taehyung. He threw an arm around him and he could feel how badly Taehyung was trembling. 

"What happened to him?" he asked Namjoon when Taehyung didn't answer. He rubbed Taehyung's arm comfortingly as he waited for Namjoon to answer him. 

"The thing that I did just now....to calm you down....that scared him. We normally do that to make a rebellious wolf submit to us. By we, I mean Alphas. That generally scares the shit out of the betas of the pack of the Alpha that does it because of the pack connection. Give him some time, he will be fine. This must have affected Jimin and Yoongi as well" Namjoon said worriedly. 

"Then why did you do it?" Jeongguk asked with a frown. 

 "Because there are many people around us right now and a lot of people have seen you already. I can't risk exposing my pack to hidden hunters. That's the easiest and fastest way to make someone submit to us" Namjoon said and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Bu-"

"This won't do" Namjoon snapped. "Come with me. I can't risk it like this. There are only three hours left for moonrise" he said and grabbed Jeongguk's wrist, pulling him up from the ground. 

"WHAT THE FUCK?!!" Jeongguk yelled and tried to yank his hand out of Namjoon's hand. 

"Jeonggukie, please, calm down. Not again, Gguk, please," Taehyung pleaded and got off the floor, but Jeongguk wasn't having it. Who was this man to manhandle him like that?

"HELLO!! LET GO, YOU FUCKER!!" he yelled at Namjoon. 

Namjoon whipped his head back towards Jeongguk in a flash with an intense growl and glowing red eyes. 

Jeongguk calmed down immediately, but it ended up making Taehyung burst into tears and get down to the floor on his knees. 

"The more you yell, the more your boyfriend will suffer," Namjoon growled through his teeth with his eyes still glowing red. 

Jeongguk stayed silent and let Namjoon and a trembling Taehyung drag him out of the campus, straight to Jimin's house. 

Namjoon apologized to Jimin's mother for opening the basement so early and then forced Jeongguk down the ladder. He tied Jeongguk to his chair with Taehyung's help and turned his eyes red once again, this time to talk to Yoongi and Jimin. 

He first apologized to them for scaring them out of their wits and then asked them to come straight to Jimin's house after they were done with their classes. 

Jeongguk struggled harder than the previous time. Taehyung silently stood behind him and ran his hands through his hair comfortingly for the remaining time. He didn't stop even when the rest of the wolves and humans joined them.  

Until the last moment before moonrise, he stayed with Jeongguk, trying to comfort him through the pre-transformation. 

The transformation into wolves and the sleep after that passed by without any complications. Just like the previous time, Taehyung stayed awake the whole night to keep his imprint company. He couldn't just fall asleep when his imprint kept growling and struggling so hard. 

As usual, when the moon started to set, the three humans sat with their bodies pressed against the wall, watching as the four wolves, along with the semi-wolf, transformed back to humans. 

They didn't notice it at first, but as a few minutes passed by, they noticed how the black wolf struggled harder than the rest of the wolves. They noticed how the black wolf howled more painfully than the rest. 

As if it was panicking. 

It was then that Seokjin's eyes fell on the chain around the wolf's neck that it had somehow got itself tangled into. 

Seokjin gasped loudly and shot to his feet in horror. Not only was his wolf in unbelievable agony because of the transformation, but it was also being strangled by one of the chains that bound it to the wall behind it. 

He burst into desperate tears, not knowing how to help his wolf. He knew it was very dangerous to approach a wolf that was undergoing transformation, but he couldn't watch his wolf go through the pain of getting strangled along with the pain of transformation. 

After a huge mental struggle, he decided that he didn't care, and ran up to the agonized wolf to help it out of its strangling chains.