16. Shocking discovery

Three weeks later......

*******************

"Homework...." Jeongguk repeated skeptically after Taehyung. 

"Yeah" Taehyung said. 

"With Jimin...." 

"Yeah"

"In his house....."

"Yeah"

"It's another party, isn't it?" 

"Yea-wait, what? No! I'm really going to do homework" Taehyung protested. 

"Yeah, okay. I believe you" Jeongguk said, but by the way his voice dripped with sarcasm, Taehyung knew that he didn't actually believe him. 

"Jeongguk-ah, please don't be so difficult, okay? I told you Namjoon hyung will explain everything when the time is right" Taehyung said. 

Jeongguk took a deep breath and let it out in a huff. "Fine. Go. I don't care" he said. He almost expected Taehyung to stay back and say he was sorry, but of course, that didn't happen. Instead, Taehyung said 'Thank you' and left right away. 

Jeongguk watched as Taehyung shut the door behind him. He stared at the door for a while before running towards the window. He looked at Taehyung, who almost jogged out of his view. 

"How desperate is he?" he scoffed and pulled a key out of his pocket. He looked down at it and smirked to himself. He was going to sneak in today and bust them at any cost and nothing was going to stop him.

"When the time is right, my ass. You should have your best friend hide shit from you and then you will know how bad it hurts" he mumbled bitterly as he stared at the key that he had obtained from a flowerpot outside Jimin's house that morning. 

It was the day next to his birthday, early in the morning when all of them left, that Jeongguk discovered this little secret. His sleepy and drowsy mind had made him forget his phone in Jimin's house and had thus made him walk back to Jimin's house alone to get his phone. 

It was then that he noticed Mr. Park lift a flowerpot to get their house key. Maybe they forgot to take the key with them the previous night. 'Gotcha' Jeongguk thought and smirked to himself before walking up to them like he noticed nothing unusual. 

"I will see how you are gonna escape today" he mumbled again with a smirk before putting his hoodie on and locking his room door. 

He quickly got down the stairs and made his way towards Jimin's house. It was dark already, and he could see the full moon shine bright in the sky. 

"There you are" he mumbled once Jimin's house came into view. He walked towards the door and unlocked it before walking back out to place the key under the flowerpot. 

He walked back in, and noticed that the house was empty. 'I knew it' he thought and looked around. 

"Fuckers. They aren't doing it here" he thought and walked around in the living room, not knowing what to do. He didn't know where the basement was or if the house really had a basement. 

What if they were partying somewhere else? Why would they say they were partying at Jimin's house if they weren't actually partying over there? It didn't make sense to him. 

He sighed loudly and walked towards the mantelpiece. He stared at his godfather's picture. He really missed him a lot. He was the best godfather a person could ever have. 

He sighed again and looked down at the floor, deciding to go back to his room. There was nothing he could do if he didn't know where they were. 

'Dammit' he thought, and was just about to turn around when his eyes fell on something, making him snap his head up.