Chapter 11: The Ones That Got Away

"Our attacker has come for Gunray, stay here and guard him," Unduli commanded.  "I'll confront her myself."  You and Ahsoka shared a glance.  "Master, all due respect, but Ventress is too powerful for any one Jedi to fight alone.  Let us help you," she pleaded.

"I am more than capable of dealing with a lone assassin armed with undisciplined fighting skills.  Stay here, and keep a clear head."  Master Unduli ordered, running off.  "Luminara Unduli may be a Jedi Master, but she has no idea what that bogwitch is capable of.  No idea.  I can't let her face that lowlife alone," you told Ahsoka.

"I'm coming with you," she said, making you smile.  When you got to the hyperdrive chamber, the Jedi Master was on the floor, about to be killed by Ventress.  You and Ahsoka flipped between the two, surprising Ventress and causing her to retreat again.

"Ahsoka...  This assassin, I've never faced an adversary like her.  I should have listened to your advice," Master Unduli said, breathing heavily.  "Master, I never meant to overstep my bounds, but..."  Ahsoka was cut off by Commander Gree.  "General Unduli! We've been betrayed!  Argyus has freed Gunray!" He yelled.

"I've been a fool!" Master Unduli started.  "But this time, we'll take her together."  You rushed to the detention level, where the rogue Senate guard Argyus was taking Gunray to his ship.  "Stop!  This is your last warning!" you yelled.

"Don't shoot!  I am an innocent pawn!" Gunray cried.  "Stand down, Captain," ordered Gree.  "Come and get me!" Argyus responded.  "Why'd you do it, Argyus?" Gree asked.  "A clone like you would never understand.  I wanted a life with more than empty servitude."

"And for that you'd betray the Republic?" Gree inquired with shock.  "We're home free," Argyus continued.  "As successful a rescue as one could hope for, Viceroy.  I'll be a legend for this.  "I always had a good feeling about you, Captain," Gunray complemented as Ventress joined the two.  The Separatist ship detached from The Tranquility and headed out into space.

You, however, weren't going to just let them go.  You called out to the force and held the ship in place, and pulled with all of your might.  The ship's thrusters kept using up more power, but you didn't let go.  You started to crush it as little dents formed in the hull.

A small explosion went off destroying the engine, but they were lucky enough to enter hyperspace and escape your wrath.  You were filled with anger that you had failed so terribly, and simply walked away without acknowledging anyone.

Ahsoka P.O.V.

I stared in awe as (y/n) kept the ship from escaping.  I could see how much he was being strained, and how angry he was when they escaped.  I felt bad and wanted to comfort him, but had to report our loss to the Jedi council.

"I'm sorry that despicable wealth-worm Gunray got away," I told them.  "It's okay, Snips. I know you did your best," my master said in a reassuring tone.  "Troubling is the treachery of the Senate guard, Captain Argyus," Master Yoda chimed in.  "Revealed all around us our enemies are."

"I'm not sure all is lost.  Gunray and his accomplices stole a Republic ship to make their getaway," Obi-Wan pointed out.  "It could be tracked!" I exclaimed with realization.  "Indeed."

"A coward Viceroy Gunray is, but powerful allies he has," Master Yoda stated.  "Swiftly we must move if we are to recapture him."

"Master Fisto's fleet was near Gunray's position," Anakin added.  "I've already contacted him to follow the signal.  Ahsoka, I'll meet you at the rendezvous point," he said, ending the transmission.  "Master Luminara, I guess this is goodbye for now," I told her.

"I owe you my life, Ahsoka," she said.  "Protecting a Jedi Master is the role of a Padawan," I said.  "And teaching is usually the role of the Master.  Master Skywalker should be proud," Master Unduli complemented

"Farewell."

"Commander, let's get underway," she told Commander Gree.  "Yes, General.  Ahead full!" He responded.