Chapter 16: Point Rain

It had been 6 months since the battle of Ryloth.  You and Ahsoka were spending much more time together and you finished your ship.  It was covered with a tarp until you had to use it.  You had mastered lightsaber forms II, V, VI, and VII.  You were getting much more powerful but were never arrogant about it.  Today was the first day they recognized your ability, when you were assigned to destroy the weapons factory on Geonosis, led by Poggle the Lesser.

When you arrived on the planet, you were immediately attacked by droids.  There were about 90 of them, and only a handful of you, including Ponds, Neyo, Stak, and a new clone named Ace.  You deflected most of the blaster bolts, while Neyo provided cover fire.  You then went on the offensive, deactivating the droids with your lightsaber.

There was one left, and Ace shot him straight in the central node.  "One shot, one kill," he remarked.  You then rendezvoused with Ki-Adi-Mundi, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ahsoka.  Ahsoka and Anakin were trying to one-up each other, as usual.  "My squadron alone had 55 kills," Ahsoka boasted.  "Yeah, but mine had 76."

"Showoff."

"My squad got 107," you chimed in, leaving the two speechless.  "Well, I'm glad you three are enjoying yourselves," Obi-Wan said, breaking the silence.  "Hey, it's just a little friendly competition Master, nothing to worry about," Anakin promised.

"What I worry about is the way this war seems to be drawing out with no end in sight," Master Mundi interjected

"Which is why it is crucial our invasion of Geonosis meets with success," Ahsoka rationalized.  "Agreed.  Ahsoka, contact the Outer Rim Command.  We're ready for our briefing," Anakin commanded.

~~~

"Our ships are in position and we are ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians," Obi-Wan reported.  "And what about Poggle?  Any report on his location?" asked Chancellor Palpatine.  "It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here," you said, pointing to a spot on the holomap.

"The factory is protected by a shield generator.  Anakin, Ki-Adi and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield.  Once we've landed, we shall knock out the shield generator.  That is our primary target," Obi-Wan strategized.

"Isn't it risky committing three generals to one area of the attack?  If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow," the Chancellor reminded us.  "Don't worry Chancellor.  They have me," you joked.

"To ensure that rise again Geonosis does not, capture Poggle we must," Master Yoda continued.  "Of course.  As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi."

"Our thanks, Chancellor.  May the Force be with you."

The transmission ended, and the five of you continued going over the plan.  "Cody, these are the coordinates for the rendezvous," Kenobi said to Commander Cody, transmitting the coordinates to him.  "Yes, sir, when we hit the ground, we'll create a perimeter there.  Getting past their defenses here will be the trick."

"General Mundi will come across the defensive lines from the north.  We will make our assault through the middle," Obi-Wan continued.  "General Skywalker will make his attack on the defensive lines from the south, and we'll meet at the rendezvous point at 0700 exactly.  If we meet with strong resistance and are forced down away from the landing zone, hold out until we join our forces before attacking the shield generator."

And with that, the assault on Geonosis had begun.