Chapter 34: A New Mission

~Serenno~

Count Dooku P.O.V.

"What is thy bidding, my master?" I asked Lord Sidious, kneeling before his hologram.  "(y/n) (l/n) is becoming a greater threat every day.  Send General Grievous to lead an attack on Naboo, and lure him there," he commanded.  "How will I ensure that is is he who reinforces the planet?"  I asked.

"I will see to that," my master replied darkly.

"Order Grievous to capture him.  Call it... a test of power," he added, ending the transmission.  "It shall be so," I whispered to myself.

~Coruscant~

Third Person P.O.V.

(y/n) walked into the council chambers, where Ahsoka was waiting.  Her expression was somewhere between nervousness and excitement.  "What is it?" he asked.  "We have a mission for the two of you," Master Windu explained.  "On Theed, a seige there has been.  Require your help, they do," Master Yoda added.

"But Naboo is in the Mid Rim.  Why would they attack there?" Ahsoka asked.  "Technically, the Mid Rim is neutral territory," Obi-Wan said.  "The Chancellor requested you personally for this mission," he added.

"Well if the Chancellor wants us do do it, then I guess we gotta do it," (y/n) sighed.  "Oh and one more thing," Obi-Wan said as he turned to leave.

"Anakin's on a mission, so you'll need your own battalion."  The boy raised an eyebrow.  "(y/n), Ahsoka, after careful consideration, we've decided to give you you half of the 91st and 501st battalions, and are promoting you to be generals of the 332nd clone unit."

Ahsoka gave (y/n a huge smile, and (y/n) himself could barely contain his excitement.  "Thank you, masters," he said as calmly as he possible could.

The two turned to leave, and as soon as they did, the room was filled with speech.   "Are we truly sure this is the best course of action?" Master Mundi asked.

"What are you suggesting?" Obi-Wan cut him off.  "That (y/n) may not yet be mature enough to handle the lives of 576 men," Master Gallia clarified.  "Hmmm.  Disagree, I do.  In 800 years, never have I seen any boy more capable of leading than (y/n)," Yoda defended.

"After his outburst, perhaps we should reconsider this promotion," Shaak Ti suggested.  "I can't believe this!" Obi-Wan exclaimed.  The room fell silent.  "(y/n), in only a year and a half, has provided us with passage through Hutt space, taken down Wat Tambor, and even destroyed a Separatist prison.  He's gained my respect... he should have gained yours!"

Master Windu, who had been unusually silent the whole time, finally spoke up.  "I've known (y/n) for 10 years.  He's gained my respect too, and I trust him," he said with conviction.

"Your argument is valid, Master Windu," Shaak Ti admitted.  "Perhaps we could find some common ground."  Windu raised an eyebrow and Obi-Wan stroked his beard.  "If (y/n) and Ahsoka complete their mission and bring peace back to Naboo, then they may keep the rank.  However, if they do not, then they may not."

~The Javelin~

Your P.O.V.

"Generals, we're approaching Naboo," Admiral Killian informed.  "Understood," Ahsoka responded.  You were too busy thinking about the name "general" to respond.  The word floated around in your head as the 332nd clone unit began dispersing into gunships.

You entered the last one, along with Ahsoka and 28 troopers.  Their armor was coated with black stripes and markings.  As soon as the gunship landed, it was absolute chaos.  The droids were waiting for you, and opened fire as soon as the doors opened.  You used Form III to deflect as many as you could, but a few clones were lost.