Chapter 42: Return to Dathomir

Your P.O.V.

As you meditated from the roof of the Jedi temple, you began seeing flashes again.  Then, all black.  The only thing other than the darkness was a figure clad in red.  "Mother," you whispered.

"Why did you not listen to me, young Telori?" she asked

"Why did you not listen to me, young Telori?" she asked.  "What are you talking about?" you asked back.  "I told you your coven was in danger," she reminded you.  It all came back to you now.  The conversation in The Citadel.

"When?" you asked, playing dumb.  "Dooku and his armies are attacking your home.  We need you Telori.  You must return to Dathomir..."  Talzin's figure suddenly faded, and you opened your eyes to see the city skyline again.  "No!" you shouted, running through the temple halls.

You finally arrived at the hangar, where The Resilience was waiting.  "R8, set a course for Dathomir," you commanded before hearing a familiar voice call your name.

"(y/n)?"

You spun around to see Ahsoka.  "What are you doing here?" you asked.  "Looking for you," she responded.  "Going somewhere?" she asked you, looking at the Eta-2 craft behind you.  "There's something I have to do," you admitted.  "I'll be back soon Soka.  I promise."  Ahsoka gave you a quick peck on the lips and smiled.  "I know."

"Oh, and (y/n)," she added.

"Yeah?"

"Be careful."

"Oh please.  When am I ever not careful?" you asked.  She raised an eyebrow and smirked at your question.  "Ok you got me there.  I will."

"Promise."

"I promise."

~Dathomir~

You exited hyperspace and landed on the red planet.  There were bodies everywhere... droid and Nightsister.  "No..." you muttered, seeing the corpses everywhere.  You ran deeper into the battle, then into the temple.  Talzin was nowhere to be found, but Daka... was dead.  The woman who trained you, and taught you everything you knew about magick, laid out on a floor.  She had a lightsaber hole in her chest.

"Dooku," you snarled, travelling towards the exit.  You saw the solar sailor soar into the sky.  "Ah, young (l/n).  It would seem you were too late," Dooku said with a smirk.  You force griped it with as much power as you had, but were shot with an outburst of Sith lightning.

When you got back up, the Separatist forces had cleared out.  You looked around and could see nothing but dead bodies.  You fell to the ground.  "I was too late."  You looked up to see Talzin's spirit.  "You survived," she said with a smile.  "Survived what?  There was nothing for me to survive," you corrected her.  "Yes, well, It's a good thing you didn't spend any energy.  You're going to need it," she warned, disappearing.  'What does that mean?' you thought.

"Traitor," you heard.  It was a voice that you'd heard before, but couldn't wrap your finger around.  It was more distinguished and less high.  Suddenly, a green blast of energy was fired at you, pushing you back to the ground.  "Hello again..." you started.

"Merrin."

"We needed you, and you weren't there

"We needed you, and you weren't there."  You were hit with another blast.  "You left your coven... for those hypocrites."  Another blast.  You were beginning to form a crater in the floor.  "Merrin, let me exp-" you were cut off by another blast.  She slowly walked towards you, her hands irradiating with green energy.

  She slowly walked towards you, her hands irradiating with green energy

"Enough!" you shouted, sending a shockwave at her.  You then began a familiar chant, and turned invisible.  "I see you have perfected your spells," she noticed, getting back up.  "It isn't enough."

She looked around, trying to pinpoint your location.  She finally shot a blast to her right, which hit you and rendered the spell useless.

You got back up and balled your fists.  "You could have saved us," she said in a shaky voice.  "Now, there will be no one to save you."  Her power began to grow and grow, until she was surrounded by a massive field of green energy.  "Goodbye Merrin," you said calmly, creating a few dozen duplicates of yourself.

The real you walked away in all the chaos, and by the time she found out, you were in the sky

The real you walked away in all the chaos, and by the time she found out, you were in the sky.  "R8... set a course for... Coruscant," you said, blacking out.

~Coruscant~

You woke up in the hangar of the Jedi temple.  R8 was standing next to the window.  "Thanks," you told her, limping out of your ship.  You walked to your chambers with 3 broken ribs and a black eye, basically tripping onto the bed.

The doors opened to reveal the beautiful face of Ahsoka Tano.  "Hey Soka," you greeted.  "Hey (y/n)," she greeted back, sliding into bed with you.  You winced slightly.  "Sorry," she apologized with a nervous smile.  "I don't think you listened when I told you to be careful.  What happened out there?" she asked.

"I got hit with a blast from the past.  Actually more like five blasts," you explained.  "Yeah well, I'm just glad you're okay... somewhat," she said, snuggling up to you.  Goodnight Soka, you said, kissing her Montral.  "Goodnight (y/n)."