Chapter 29: Destruction of the Citadel

Anakin felt around a wall, before cutting a hole in it.  "Everybody in!" he ordered.  You obliged.  You followed Ahsoka, who went ahead of the others.  "The tunnel's clear!" she shouted.  As you walked through the tunnels, you noticed a probe droid following you.  You were about to cut it in half, but Anakin beat you to it.  

"I'm beginning to admire the design of this fortress.  It's rather formidable to evade," Tarkin complimented.  "How can you admire such a horrible place?" Ahsoka asked, her voice filled with disgust.  "Ah.  You reveal your shortsightedness.  This ordeal only demonstrates how effective facilities like the Citadel are.  Pity it ended up in the Separatists' hands... and not ours," he added, walking away.  "I don't like him," Ahsoka whispered to you.  "Me either."

Anakin left to watch the flank, and left Ahsoka in charge.  After a few minutes of walking, Tarkin spoke up again.  "I am concerned that the Jedi have elected this... child to lead the group," he said.  You were getting very irritated at him now.  "Hey watch it... Snarkin.  It was this same child who is the only reason we got into this place.  Respect your liberators."  Your words silenced him.

As you were walking, one of the clones looked back to make sure there was no danger.  However, there was.  "Look out!" Jesse yelled as super battle droids opened fire.  You whipped around and blocked the blaster bolts with your lightsaber, force-pushing one into the lava.  You and Ahsoka charged at the rest, cutting them down where they stood.

Anakin reappeared, destroying the last one.  Then, commando droids protected by shields arrived.  "Why didn't you blow up the wall?  That part of the plan was your job!" he exclaimed.   "I thought it was a dead end!" she shot back, putting one bomb on the rock wall.  She rolled the other two past the droids, blowing them and the wall up in unison.

As you made it outside, you approached a giant pipe, which you were about to enter.  "Everyone be careful!  The slightest electronic pulse could ignite this whole tube," Anakin warned.  "I hope someone tells the droids that," Tarkin snarkily replied.

After many minutes of traversing the pipes, the gas was starting to get to you.  "How much longer are we going to wander through this tunnel in the dark?" Tarkin asked.  "Until we get caught or exit," you replied.  "I think I found a way out," Ahsoka said, scouting ahead.  She twisted open a patch and looked through it.  "Well, what do you see Snips?" Anakin asked.  "The coast is clear," Ahsoka responded.  However, it was a trap, and there were battle droids waiting out side.  It didn't matter of course.  You yawned and Anakin smirked as Ahsoka made quick work of the droids, sending heads, arms, and hands down the shaft.

  You yawned and Anakin smirked as Ahsoka made quick work of the droids, sending heads, arms, and hands down the shaft

"We've got to go!" she yelled, deflecting fire from more Separatist forces.  "There could be a whole battalion of droids out there!" Tarkin complained.  "Better than hiding in a fuel line," Anakin argued.

You, Ahsoka, and Anakin climbed out, and blocked each blast from the droids.  However, they were still closing in.  "The plan's been compromised!  The shuttle's not coming!"  Tarkin yelled.  "Throw me a charge!" Anakin commanded one of his troops.  He caught the bomb and chucked it into the fuel line, which exploded end wiped out the droid forces.

"Let's go.  Time for Plan B," Anakin informed you dusting off his shoulder.  "There's a Plan B?" Tarkin asked, exasperated.

~~~

You, Anakin, and Ahsoka, along with the rest of the 501st, charged into the airfield, meeting up with a pinned down Obi-Wan and his team.  The clones shot at the turrets overlooking the fence as you hid behind cover.  "Sorry I'm late," Anakin apologized.  "How nice of you to join us," Obi-Wan joked.

"The ship is surrounded," Ahsoka pointed out.  "We need to launch a full forward assault, and take that vessel!" Tarkin yelled over the deafening blaster fire.  You poked your head out, but quickly returned to your cover so as not to get shot.  "We may have a bigger problem: those turrets," Obi-Wan added.  "If we don't take them out they will use them to destroy the shuttle and prevent our escape."

You frowned.  You knew what had to be done, but you didn't know if you were strong enough.  "Dammit!" you yelled, looking at the ground.  "(y/n)?" Ahsoka asked worried.  "Stay here and stay low," you finally said.  "What are you talking about?" Anakin asked.

"Just do it!"

You closed your eyes.  The words formed inside your head.  They echoed until you let them out.  "Geiss kan erde mak harden ob stein.  Geiss kan lewf mak krig ob blitz.  Geiss kan pire mak blud loge raga.  Geiss kan vass byn skol zum.  Erde-blitz-raga-byn erde-blitz raga byn!!!"  You eyes changed color and began glowing.  Green energy filled the area, and attacked the droids.  There was destruction everywhere, and sparks flying.  The turrets were destroyed, as were the walls, and the area was collapsing.

You tried to run to the shuttle, but fell unconsious after a few steps.  Suddenly, everything went black.  You stood in infinite darkness, but the figure of one person could be seen.

Talzin.

"You can sense me, young Telori?" she asked.  "My name is (y/n)," you corrected, making her laugh.  "You hold such power.  I knew taking you in was the right choice," she said with a smile.  "Your coven is in danger.  Return home," she said, fading.  The darkness faded with her.  Your eyes opened to see Ahsoka.

You were in the shuttle alongside Cody, Jesse, Rex, Echo, and the others.  "Where's Piell?" you asked groggily.  "He didn't make it," she said sorrowfully.  "And the routes?"  A small smile appeared on her face.  "We have them."  You got up from your bed but wobbled and fell.  Ahsoka caught you, bringing your faces very close together.  She turned red and so did you.  "S-sorry," you stammered.

You looked into her eyes, then down to her mouth.  You wanted to just lean in and pour out all of your love.  You thought you did, but you didn't.  "J-just be more careful," she warned.  "Yeah," you replied.

Silence.

"That back there, what was that?" she asked.  "A trick I learned from my mother," you responded.  Ahsoka still had questions, but decided to leave it at that.  "Well, whatever it was, it was remarkable.  You destroyed the Citadel!" she complimented.  "Thanks."  You looked down at your hand.  "Your coven is in danger."  Talzin's words echoed throughout your mind.  You wondered what she meant by that as the shuttle entered Coruscant.