Chapter 47: Framed

Ahsoka P.O.V.

It was finally over. With the perpetrator of the bombing now behind bars, the Jedi Temple could now return to normal. But first, Master Yoda had to give a eulogy for the Jedi that were lost.

"One with the force, they are, and our job it is to remember that we will, in time, also pass on. Luminous beings are we, but temporary vessels, our bodies are. We shall all find ourselves here in time. A moment of silence, I ask, to remember and to move on."

Barriss was standing next to me with her head down and her eyes closed. "You were close to one of them?" I asked observantly.

"Tutso Mara. We trained together. He taught me how to hold my lightsaber correctly," she reminisced with a sad smile.

"Live for the living Jedi, we must," Yoda continued. "Live through us, forever they will."

"So what happens to Letta now?" I asked as we walked through the halls of the Jedi temple. "The bomber has been moved," Tarkin replied.

"Moved? Where? Why should she be moved?" I inquired all at once.

"The republic military has taken her into custody."

"But why? This is a jedi matter, isn't it?"

"Clones were killed, which makes this terrorist attack a military matter. An attack on the Jedi is an attack on the Senate."

"Admiral Tarkin is right," my master agreed. "Letta isn't a Jedi. It's not for us to be judge and jury over a citizen of the Republic."

I felt my blood boiling. "If Letta's guilty, she's guilty, and she should be dealt with!"

"Calm down, Ahsoka. Remember, revenge is not the Jedi way," Master Skywalker reminded me.

"The evidence seems clear. Nothing will ever change. The Chancellor feels very strongly that the Jedi be removed from as many military matters as possible," Tarkin said apathetically.

"You yourselves said that you're peacekeepers, not soldiers."

"I hope Chancellor Palpatine knows what he's doing," Skywalker thought aloud. "I assure you that he rarely does anything without a strategy," Tarkin stated with a sense of pride. "I have many things to attend to, Jedi," he concluded, walking off.

"Good day Ahsoka," Barriss greeted, sitting on a bench in my direction.

"Go be with your friend," Anakin said as he continued walking.

"Company?"

"Sure."

"Every time I think about this, I feel conflicted. It's hard not to let feelings turn into attachment and pain," I admitted to Barriss. "Ahsoka, have you ever wondered if it was right to ignore your emotions?" she asked.

The question caught me off guard, and my mind instantly went to (y/n). Almost subconsciously. Of course it wasn't right. He made me happier than I ever could have been if I just ignored my emotions. But no matter how close of a friend Barriss was to me, I couldn't tell her that.

"Well, my master would say that 'moving past them is a Jedi's greatest struggle,'" I responded cleverly. "You make it sound so easy," she chuckled.

"No, it isn't easy. But it's possible. Like that time when we were stuck inside the battle tank on Geonosis. It was hard not to be afraid. Still, you and I got past it.

"And (y/n)."

"And (y/n)."

We both mentioned (y/n) at the same time. "Speaking of (y/n), where is he?" Barriss asked. "He couldn't make it. Though I'm not sure why."

"I don't know. Maybe it's just a boy thing," I joked.

"Maybe," she responded with a laugh.

Your P.O.V.

You were currently lurking around the military base where Letta was being held, hiding behind your invisibility spell. Something didn't add up about the whole thing. Sure there was proof that she bombed the temple, but you felt very strongly that she had an accomplice.

That is, unless of course she had somehow learned how to prevent psychometry in terrorist school. You had spent the last few hours trying to find any clues through the force while still watching her.

Suddenly, the blast doors opened and in came...

'Ahsoka?'

"I'm Commander Tano. Letta Turmond requested to see me," Ahsoka informed Commander Fox. "A lot of innocent people died in that blast. Good job capturing her," he complimented. Ahsoka just shot him a sad smile.

"All right, scan her."

She stood inside a device which acted as a metal detector. It made a beeping sound and pointed to her hips and wrist. "Leave your commlink and lightsabers here. Follow me," Fox commanded.

You walked a good distance from Ahsoka, not wanting her to sense your presence. "What do you want, Letta?" she asked through gritted teeth. "I was told that if I ever needed help. You were the Jedi to contact.

'By who?'

Letta then scowled at Fox, who was patiently standing outside the gate. "Give us a minute, please." The clone complied and walked away.

"You don't have much time, Letta. So I suggest you get whatever you have to say off your chest."

"The idea of feeding Jackar the nano-droids was not mine," She explained. "Why are you saying this now? Why didn't you reveal this before?" Ahsoka asked.

"Because my life is in danger. The person behind this will be able to get to me... unless you know the truth."

"Well then what's the truth?"

"A Jedi. A Jedi showed me how to create the bomb and how to put the nano-droids in."

"Why would a Jedi do this?" Ahsoka asked Letta skeptically. This attitude was justified, seeing how nonchalant she was when you captured her.

"There are some citizens of the republic, like myself, who believe the jedi order is not what it used to be. The Jedi have become warmongers. They've become military weapons. And they're killing when they should be keeping the peace. One of these Jedi agreed with us. One of you wanted to make a statement, and was willing to attack your own order to do it," Letta monologued.

She wasn't wrong. Many Jedi believed everything that she said, but one of them must have finally cracked.

"Who?" Ahsoka asked impatiently.

"If you protect me, I will tell you, because it is obvious to me that I have been set up."

"Letta, you have to tell me who is behind this."

There was a long pause. Letta was much less calm than before. She was trembling in fear for her life now. Finally, she opened her mouth once again.

"It's-" she was suddenly raised in the air, and choked as she tried to finish her sentence. "Letta!" Ahsoka shouted as she reached her hands in the air.

'Oh no, this does not look good.'

She pried at the hands that weren't there, before her neck snapped and her lifeless body fell to the floor. Mere moments later, a fireteam of clones rushed to the cell block, with Fox at the forefront.

"I... don't know what happened," Ahsoka stated with shock. "Commander, she's dead," said one of the cloned. "I can't say I blame you, Commander Tano. But all the same, you're under arrest," Fox sighed, cuffing her.

I... no, I did not do this!

"Dammit this is really bad," you whispered to yourself.