Chapter 24: The Fall of Ventress

~5 months later~

You spun around wildly, dodging the fire of the vulture droids in your (f/c) Eta-2 fighter.  "R8, fire proton torpedos!" you shouted, shooting at the shield generator of a Separatist cruiser.  More vulture droids prepared to exit the hangar, but the last expression on their faces was confusion as you fired your torpedoes at them, destroying the cruiser's reinforcements.

"Wahoo!" you shouted, flying out through other other shield.  You then dodged the ship's turbolasers and destroyed two tri-fighters, just barely spotting Ventress' Lancer-class pursuit craft.  She was keeping Anakin and Obi-Wan under heavy fire.  You began shooting at her, causing her to abort her run.

"Keep up geezers!" you teased the two through the comm link.  "Is it legal to call someone a geezer if they just became old enough to drink?" Anakin shot back, making you laugh.  "I'm hit!  I'm heading towards the Separatist flagship!" Obi-Wan exclaimed.

"I see you!" you shouted back.  You and Anakin shot down the shield generators, and followed Obi-Wan as he crashed into the hangar.    "Oh, thank you," he said.  Ventress had also landed in the hangar, and stumbled out of her ship.

"Ventress.  You're not looking well," Anakin joked.  "She never does," you added.  "You have failed, Ventress.  Surrender!" Obi-Wan urged.  "Never!" she yelled, charging at you.  You didn't know what she was thinking, taking on two Jedi knights and a Jedi master.  She didn't last nearly as long as she did the last time you fought, and you relieved her of her blades quickly.  However, just as she had been defeated, you noticed a barrage of blasts flying at the flagship.

"Anakin!  Obi-Wan!  Look out!" you shouted as they began to hit.  The ship was on fire, and on a crash course towards the planet.  "We have to get out of here!" Obi-Wan yelled through the flames.  You all rushed to your fighters.  Thankfully, Obi-Wan's engine was still functional, and you left just as a massive explosion erupted through the flagship.

"I have a bad feeling we're going to be seeing her again," you said with a pit in your stomach.  "Let's not worry about that right now.  Our main priority is making it back to Coruscant," Obi-Wan said.  The three of you entered hyperspace, leaving Sullust behind.

~Coruscant~

2 days had passed since you fought the Sith assassin.  You were sitting on your bed twirling around your lightsaber when you were summoned to the council chambers.  "You summoned me masters?" you asked, looking at the nearly full circle of Jedi council members.  

"Take a seat, young (l/n)," Windu urged, pointing to Obi-Wan's empty chair.  "A new Separatist threat has emerged," Master Gallia stated grimly.  "Our forces from the Temple of Eedit on Devaron have been massacred.  The entire attack was orchestrated by one man.  He had yellow skin, tattoos around his face, and horns on his head," Windu explained.  "Do you think Ventress had something to do with this?" you asked.

"Perhaps, but that is not your mission.  Skywalker and Kenobi have been sent to Dathomir to find out who this mystery murderer is.  That was over a rotation ago and they still haven't checked in.  I need you to make sure they're ok," Windu commanded.  "Of course master," you said, bowing.

Mace Windu P.O.V.

I looked out the windows of the council chambers and let out a sigh as (y/n) left.  "Dangerous, this is... sending the boy to Dathomir," Master Yoda told me.  "If recognize him a Nightbrother does, a series of problems, that could lead to."

"I know," I told him.  "But all our forces are spread to thin.  Kenobi is a member of this council and Skywalker is the chosen one.  We cannot afford to lose even one of them," I argued.  "All we can do is hope he gets out of there quickly."