Chapter 37: Into the Lions' Den

"Looks like Zygerria is a popular place to be these days," Anakin joked.  "Whatever is happening is attracting plenty of high class scum," Obi-Wan added.  The two, along with Rex, were dressed in slave owner garb.

As the five of you waited for the ship to land, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Rex put on their helmets.  "Let's just hope the information our spies gave us about the queen is accurate.  Remember, I'll keep her occupied while you find thee missing people of Kiros," Anakin debriefed.  "How do you plan on keeping the queen occupied?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"We'll... with my magnetic charm of course," he responded with a smirk.

"You mean by flirting with her until we sweep the whole city," you corrected with an even bigger smirk.  "Whatever you want to call it (y/n)," he brushed you off.  "Hold onto these, will you buddy?" Anakin asked his trusty droid.  R2 beeped and opened a compartment, where you tossed your weapons.

"Remind me why (y/n) and I are playing the parts of the slaves," Ahsoka said.  She was wearing a cloak that covered up everything but her eyes, as were you.  "I tried it once, I wasn't very good at it.  Besides.  The role of master comes easily to me," Anakin responded slyly.  "Plus, we're the most appealing to look at," you added, sneakily flirting with Ahsoka.

As you walked into the city, you realized the vastness of it.  It contained large flat top pyramids, and markets filled every level of the streets.  "Ugh, how can a civilization this advanced still practice slavery?" Ahsoka whispered with disgust.  "It makes them rich and powerful at the expense of others.  Before the Hutts bought my mother, she was sold in a market just like this," he explained.

As you were walking, you saw a blue Twi'lek fall to the ground in front of you.  A Zygerrian slaver pushed through the crowd to get to him.  "Get up, you useless skug!" he barked.  "Master... the bonds... they are too heavy," the Twi'lek explained wearily.  "Tell it to my whip," he said, swinging said whip at the poor man.

Ahsoka, however, caught his arm.  "You don't wanna do that," she warned.  The man deactivated his whip and turned to face her.  "You dare touch me?!" he exclaimed.  "Ahsoka, come on," you whispered to her, grabbing her hand.

"You belong to Zygerria now.  Remember that, scum," he spat.  "Excuse my slave, friend.  She is freshly caught," Anakin apologized.  "What have we here?  You wear Zygerrian armor, but you are not one of us," the slaver pointed out.  "I seek an audience with the Queen," Anakin explained.

"Then you have an invitation?  We cannot simply allow anyone to speak with her majesty."

"No invitation, but I bring news.  News the Queen will be eager to hear."

"I doubt that.  You're nothing more than a brigand."

"I wouldn't say that, especially when the Queen learns you prevented her from hearing the news about Bruno Denturri."

The Zygerrian snarled and two others aimed their blasters at Anakin's flank.  Suddenly, a droid appeared in front of him.  "Cease all hostilities.  This man is to be escorted to the palace by order of the Queen," he said.

The slaver frowned and led you to the palace.

~~~

As you walked into the throne room, you saw that the Queen looked much different than all the other Zygerrians you had seen so far.  She was slender, and wore far more jewelry.

  She was slender, and wore far more jewelry