Chapter 17: 2nd Battle of Geonosis

You, Anakin, and Ahsoka were doing your part to take Geonosis, approaching the giant wall that led to the factory.  "General Kenobi is already underway," Rex said.  "Well, he's got a head start.  We'll have to catch up," Anakin replied.

"Good luck, General."

"There is no such thing as luck," Anakin answered.  "Did you get that from Obi-Wan?" you asked, causing Anakin to smirk.  "Good thing those bugs can't aim," said a clone.  Almost immediately after, you were ambushed by Geonosians armed with Separatist blasters.  "Oh, great.  You've jinxed us!" you yelled to the clone while warding off the Geonosians.

Their technology was different.  You couldn't deflect their blaster bolts.  Because you had to dodge all the shots, the battle was more difficult.  What made it even more difficult were the Geonosian turrets laying down fire.  Everything around you was a blur.

"We're down! Repeat, down!"

"Come on!  Get up, we have to keep moving!"

"Here they come!"

"Watch it!  Watch it!"

"They're falling back! Come on!"

You looked around.  The ambush had left many clones lifeless on the ground.  It was a sight that you were tired of seeing.  Such good soldiers being killed.  "General Kenobi, we've suffered major losses.  What's your status?" you asked through you commlink.  Nothing.  "General Kenobi?" you asked again.  Still nothing.  All you could hear was static.

"Do you think Obi-Wan is ok?" Ahsoka asked you worried.  "I don't know."

"Rex, what's the word?  Can Obi-Wan send support or not?" Anakin asked the captain.  "I don't think so, sir.  Cody says General Kenobi never reached the landing site.  They think his gunship got shot down."

"Great. The one time I actually ask Obi-Wan for help, he's nowhere to be found!" Anakin exclaimed.  "Well, what if something happened to General Kenobi?"  Ahsoka asked.  "He could be injured or..."

"No time for that kind of talk," Anakin cut her off.  "Rex, we need to mobilize, now!  Get the men together.  We're going to rush the guns."  You stared at the Jedi dumbfounded.  "That is the worst plan in the history of plans," you argued.  Anakin smirked and gripped his lightsaber.  "Ahsoka, (y/n), you're with me.  We need to give Rex cover when we attack.

Ahsoka nodded, but you didn't have to be a detective to figure out she wasn't focused.  "Hey, I'm worried about him too,  but you have to keep your mind in the here and now, otherwise we'll never be able to help Obi-Wan," Anakin said.  "All here sir," Rex informed.

"Ready? Now!"

"Go, go, go, go!  Take them out!  Take them all out!" Rex cried.  The all-out attack surprised the Geonosians, allowing you to deplete their forces.  "Not good.  The bugs are splitting up," Rex noticed.  "Don't worry about them right now.  I need two clones!"  You yelled to the remaining troops.  Two 212th battalion clones walked up to you.

"Boil, reporting as ordered sir."

"Waxer, reporting as ordered sir."

"We've got a downed gunship five clicks east.  We believe it's General Kenobi's.  I need you to get out there and check for survivors," you ordered.  "Sir, yes, sir!" the two shouted before running off.

"Are you sure this is the shortest way to the landing zone?" Rex asked.  "No, I'm not sure, Commander.  All I can do is trust my instincts," Anakin replied.  "Wait a minute, wait a minute.
I have a wing vibration up ahead."

You were then hit with the second wave of Geonosians, who swarmed us like flies.  "Don't stop!  We must push on!  Forward!" Rex shouted.  And push on you did, until you were at the wall.  "So, what's the plan, General?" Rex asked.  "Just keep us covered, Rex," Anakin simplified.

"There's too much laser fire for all of us to make the climb," Rex pointed out.  "Ahsoka, (y/n) and I will handle this.  Just be ready when that wall comes down."  The three of you scaled the wall, and were met with heavy resistance by the battle droids.  "How many droids have you shut down so far?" Anakin asked.

"Twenty-five," Ahsoka replied.  "Ah, you're falling behind," Anakin responded.  You could hear the smirk in his voice.  "Look for a hatch. We need to put the explosives inside the wall," Anakin ordered.  "Found one!" Ahsoka shouted.

"Hey, did you get them?" asked a droid who poked his head out of a hatch.  "Catch!" Ahsoka yelled to the very confused droid after throwing her explosive at him.  "Come on, Rex.  Up and away!" Anakin joked, levitating Rex with the force.  You stifled a laugh and joined the three.

"Next time, just tell me to jump," Rex said with irritation.  "Now, where's the fun in that?  Come on, we can't keep Obi-Wan waiting," Anakin replied.  You all entered the LAATs and kept your eyes peeled for Obi-Wan, but it was Ahsoka who noticed his gunship.

"Master Kenobi!" she yelled as the gunship landed.  "Well, what happened to you?" Anakin asked slyly.  "I might ask you the same question," Obi-Wan replied.  "Our combined forces should be enough to destroy the shield generator.  Anakin, you'll need to take a small squad through the shield, as close as you can get to their gun emplacements.  From there, you'll be able to temporarily jam their scanners so they are unable to target the incoming tanks.  Once the tanks knock out the shield, Master Mundi can bring the rest of the troops in with the gunships."

"Consider it done, Master."

"All units are in position, sir," Cody reported.  "Begin the attack," Obi-Wan commanded.

You then barraged the droid forces, lowering their numbers.  Before they could regroup, the ATTEs began their assault.  "So, Master, what was your total?" Ahsoka asked with a smirk.

"Not now, Ahsoka," Anakin brushed her off.  Come on!  Are you afraid you lost this time?"  Anakin sighed.  "Fine, 55.  And you?"  An even bigger smirk formed on Ahsoka's face.  "Sixty. Looks like I won." 

"Yeah, but I called in the air strike.  Tie!"  Ahsoka sighed.  "You're impossible!"  Anakin's childish behavior caused you to laugh.  "That's Anakin for ya," you told Obi-Wan, who nodded in agreement.