Chapter 21: Bounty Hunters

You rushed to the council chambers where you were summoned.  You could sense a disturbance in the force, and that just made you more nervous.  As you arrived, all of the council members were looking at you solemnly.  You noticed that Windu's seat was empty.  "Where is Master Windu?" you asked.

"(y/n)," Obi-Wan started.  "Lost contact with your master, we have.  The Endurance, his last known location was.  With him, Skywalker was," Yoda said.  "What?  Are you sending a search party?!" you asked frantically.  Silence.  "Stay here, you must.  Too clouded, your mind is," Yoda commanded.  You spoke no words.  You simply nodded and left.

As you ran to the hangar, you were stopped by a familiar voice.  "(y/n)?" Ahsoka asked.  "What are you doing?" she probed.  You assumed she didn't know what the council had just told you, so you explained it to her in great detail.  You thought she would try to stop you, but that wasn't like her at all.  "I'm coming with you," she declared.  "Ahsoka it's too-" 

"Dangerous?" she cut you off.  "My master is in trouble too, and they could be in even more trouble if we don't do something!"  You sighed.  "Okay," you caved.  "Just be careful."  She smiled.  "I should be telling you that you klutz," she teased, making you laugh.

~~~

Your ship, now named The Resilience, exited hyperspace, detached from the hyperspace ring, and entered the foreign planet's atmosphere.  "What is this place?" Ahsoka asked.  "Well the holomap says we're on Vanqor," you answered.  "There!" she exclaimed, pointing to Windu's crashed Venator.

You landed on a ridge, and exited the ship after Ahsoka.  You then noticed an explosion go off in the bridge, so you ran there, entering through one of the engines.  "Our masters may have been in the area of the explosion," Ahsoka theorized.  "I just hope they're okay," you said.

"Me too."

The journey to the bridge was very difficult.  Nothing was functional, and you had to vault through internal debris.  You eventually heard the faint voice of Anakin.  "...You'll bring this whole place down on us," you heard.

"Well how are we going to get ourselves out of this mess?" your master asked.  "Well maybe we could help," you cut in.  Windu's eyes widened.  "(y/n)?  What are you doing here?" he asked.  "Disregarding direct orders and saving you," you joked.  "Ahsoka?" Anakin added, surprised.  "Is it really so much to take in that you have to be saved by your Padawans?" she asked as she joined you in lifting the debris with the force.

"(y/n) wait!  You'll collapse the bridge!" Anakin exclaimed.  "Relax, I'm handling it," you replied calmly, using the force to keep the ship in place.  One Ahsoka had pulled the two from the big chunk of metal, to returned it to the spot where it was.  "Now let's get out of here.  I sense someone hunting you," you told your master.

"It's Boba Fett.  He's the first clone of the Grand Army of the Republic.  His template, Jango Fett was killed during the battle of Geonosis.  By me." he explained.  "And now he wants you dead," you concluded.  Windu nodded.

You let out a sigh.  "I sent R2 to return to the Jedi temple and call for a rescue team.  There may still be survivors," said Anakin.  "Well that's good.  I don't think the four of us can fit in (y/n)'s ship," Ahsoka pointed out.  "When did you buy a ship?" your master asked suspiciously.  "Oh yeah.  Heh heh heh.  I didn't buy it.  I built it..." you said nervously.

"You built a ship?!" Anakin asked excitedly.  "You remind me of me when I was your age," he boasted, crossing his arms and smirking.  You looked over your shoulder to see Ahsoka shaking her head at her master.  You let out a small chuckle at this.  "Wait," you said.  "Do you feel that?" you asked them.  "What?" Ahsoka asked nervously.  "I sense danger... get down!" you shouted, just barely dodging a sniper bolt from a ridge.

The four of you scrambled behind a rock.  "There's nothing we can do," you admitted.  "The second we step foot from this boulder, the sniper will start shooting us again."  You paused as you examined the pile of ash left from where the blaster bolt hit the ground.  "That's a Relby-V10.  A very accurate Trandoshan weapon."

"Well what can we do?" asked Anakin.  Since you didn't know where the shot came from exactly, deflecting the bolts was a suicide attempt.  Just when you thought you had no options left, a yellow Delta-7B class Jedi fighter appeared in the atmosphere, shooting at the sniper.  You poked your head from the rock, and saw four figures escape to a gray and blue Firespray-31 patrol unit.  "R2!" Anakin exclaimed.  The little droid did it, and he brought a small fleet with him.

The ship landed next to you, and R2-D2 rolled out.  "Come here droid," Windu commanded.  "I can see why your master trusts you.  Good work little one," he complimented, causing a series of happy beeps to erupt from the droid.  "That's definitely more praise than I ever get," Anakin joked.