Chapter 43: An Old Enemy

You woke up to see the sunlight shooting into your eyes through the window.  Ahsoka was already gone.  "Up and at 'em," you muttered, putting on your robes.  Ahsoka was in the mess hall.  You sat next to her.  "You got up early," you told her.

"And you're up late," she shot back with a smile.  "It's 0700.  What are you talking about?" you asked, confused.  "You were out for 3 days."  You didn't say anything.  You were shocked into silence.  '3 days?!' you thought.  "First I thought you were just tired, then I thought you were dead, so I checked your pulse.  I was about to go to the medical wing when you came in here," she explained.

Suddenly, Anakin walked up to the two of you.  "We have a situation," he said cryptically.

~~~

A hologram activated, revealing a red and black Zabrak.  He walked back and forth across a group of citizens who he lined up.  "A Dathomirian," you muttered.

"There will be more innocent blood on your hands, Kenobi!  Unless you come here, face me.  Come alone and if you do not..." he stopped his rant for a moment and swung his blade, cutting off the civilians' heads  "This world will burn."

Ahsoka covered her mouth with her hands and you frowned.  Obi- Wan closed his eyes in regret.  "I have to go," he determined.  "Not alone you're not.  We'll send a task force with you." Master Windu argued.  "No, you see what he's capable of.  He's a broken, unbalanced monster.  I've dealt with him before. I can do it again."

"I disagree.  This is clearly a trap," your master added, holding onto his point of view.  "Against my better judgment, agree with Master Kenobi, I do.  Finish what he started long ago, Obi-Wan must." Yoda added.  Masters Plo and Mundi nodded end ended their transmissions.  "I'm off to Raydonia," Obi-Wan said, turning to leave.

"Wait," you told him.  "What do you mean you've faced him before?"  Obi-Wan stroked his beard.  "I first encountered the Sith on a mission to Naboo.  I fought him along side my master, Qui-Gon Jinn, but I was too slow and couldn't save him."

"Oh.  I'm sorry to hear that," you said solemnly.  "It's quite alright (y/n).  After all, It was 12 years ago.  I thought I honored  memory by killing him, but apparently he survived.  I suppose I'll have to finish what I started," he explained, walking away.

"Master Yoda, if this is indeed Darth Maul, his capture is far too important to leave it to Obi-Wan alone," Windu pointed out.  "Hmm.  Not alone will Kenobi be, an unexpected ally he may have.  Trust the force, we must," Yoda replied cryptically.  You walked away, and Ahsoka followed.  You stopped at the entrance of the hangar.  "Really?  We're doing this again?" she asked you.  You hopped into the cockpit of your ship and began activating it.

"Normally I'd be all for it, but I think Obi-Wan can handle himself."

"If there's one thing I know about Nightbrothers, it's that they never fly solo.  It's like master said.  This is clearly a trap.  Obi-Wan's in danger."  Ahsoka sighed.  "Fine.  But I'm flying this time, no argument."

"I-" you started before she put a finger across your lips.  "No arguement."  She hopped in the ship, pushed you aside, and took over the controls.  She dashed out of the hangar at full speed.  "Ahsoka slow down!" you shouted.  It was no use.  "Wahoo!" she shouted.

~~~

You exited hyperspace in the Outer Rim world of Raydonia.  "Look.  There," you said, pointing to a cargo ship what was taking off.  On the side of it were a pair of crimson lightsabers.  "Alright.  I'm boarding now," Ahsoka replied.

Inside, you looked down to see Obi-Wan being tossed around into a bunch of different crates by the Dathomirian from the hologram.  "That must be Maul," you whispered.  Ahsoka nodded.