Chapter 48: On the Run

"Admiral Tarkin, I don't know what happened. I went in the room to talk to Letta, and she said she was afraid of a Jedi..." Ahsoka rambled.

"You don't have to tell me any more, Commander Tano," Tarkin interrupted coldly.

"I don't?"

"No. There are recorders in every room. Curiously, the sound isn't working on this one," he smirked, pointing to the camera recording Letta's cell.

"It seems the Jedi she was afraid of... was you."

"I did not kill that woman!"

"You were the only one there. I know that you were upset when this woman was taken into custody by the military."

"That means nothing!!!"

"I beg to differ."

"It was someone else Admiral. Someone I didn't see."

"You know, that is very difficult for me to believe. This is a secure facility. We do not have just anyone running about. Besides, if there was someone else, why did you not sense them?"

Ahsoka was speechless, and to be honest, you had the same level of shock. The only non-military presence you could sense was Ahsoka. That meant the true culprit really was a Jedi, and they were at the same level you were to cover their essence.

You were leaning on the wall right next to Ahsoka's new cell, trying to figure out a way to get her out. You heard the main doors open once more, and turned you head for a few seconds to catch a glimpse of Anakin. He was on the other side of the massive hall.

"I said my padawan is in there! Now, step aside." he commanded angrily.

"General Skywalker, Admiral Tarkin has ordered that no one be allowed in there," Fox replied, standing his ground.

"I don't care what she's accused of, let me in."

"I'm sorry, sir, but the admiral's orders stand. This is now a military operation. Under his jurisdiction.

You turned back around to see a keycard lying just outside her cell door. "Master, I knew you wouldn't let me down," she said to herself.

'Kriff. She really thinks Anakin's breaking her out???'

She used the force to unlock the door and turned the corner to exit through the back. That's hen you both found three dead clone bodies. "Oh no," she muttered.

She spotted her lightsabers and picked them up. Almost on cue, a squadron of Coruscant Guard led by Fox. "It wasn't me," Ahsoka quickly stated, running away after hesitating. The clones chased her.

"Commander Tano, stop!" Fox shouted.

"She's heading north in the prison corridor," he informed through his commlink.

"Cut her off!"

The clones began shooting at her, but she dodge most of the blaster bolt except for the occasional one which she blocked.

"Code red!  If you see the target, shoot to kill!" Fox ordered.  "No!  Do not shoot to kill!" you shouted, revealing yourself.  "General (y/n)?  What are you doing?"

"What are you doing?" you shot back, changing your comm frequency so every clone on the base could hear.

"For 2 years we've aided the Republic in the Clone Wars, fought with you, trained with you, died with you.  We protected Coruscant from the Separatists time and again, and now, because of one supposed crime that you can't actually tie to us in any way, you treat us like the enemy.  That is shameful."

Fox turned back around to see that Ahsoka was gone.  "He was stalling!  Track her down," Fox commanded, putting you in force restraining handcuffs.  "What?!" you shouted, appalled at the clone's stupidity.

Suddenly, Anakin dropped in.  "Let him go," he ordered Fox.

"But sir-"

"I said let him go."

The clone begrudgingly did as he was told, and you two followed the clones as they chased Ahsoka through the industrial pipeline.  The clones started shooting at her with live rounds, and she had to rely on the labyrinth to evade the blaster fire.

"Do not shoot to kill.  I repeat, do not shoot to kill!" Anakin yelled through the chorus of shots.  She lost the clones, but you and Anakin used the force to find her location.  You eventually tracked her down at one of the exit points.  The only downside was that it led to the abyss that was the lower levels.

"Ahsoka, what are you doing?" Anakin asked.  "You didn't even try to come and help me!" she shouted, sounding hurt.  "They wouldn't let me in to talk to you!" Anakin defended.

"You could have if you tried!"

"How would that look Ahsoka, huh?  Forcing my way in would've made you look even more guilty-"

"I'm not guilty!"

"Ahsoka..." you started.  "And where were you (y/n)?  Where were you when I was fearing for my life, rotting away in a cell?!

"I was right there next to you, trying to find out how to get you out," you admitted with irritation.

"Listen Ahsoka, we would never let anyone hurt you, never," Anakin promised.  "But you need to come back and make your case to the council."

"No!  I'm not going to take the fall for something I didn't do!"

"Trust me, I'm not going to let you take the fall for this," you promised.  "General Skywalker, where are you?" you heard over the comms.  Anakin gave no response.

"I do trust you, but you know as well as I do that no one else will believe me."  As much as it hurt, she was right.  "Anakin, (y/n), you have to trust me now."  The sound of clones was getting closer.

"Ahsoka, we do trust you," Anakin confirmed.  "I know you do," she replied with a sad smile, eyeing a speeder that was quickly headed towards the pipeline.

"Wish me luck"

Just then, the clones found you three and started shooting stun bolts at Ahsoka.  She gracefully dropped off the platform and landed on the speeder, quickly hovering away.

Sorry if this one seems a little rushed, but once I was done half my work got deleted, so I had to redo it and it probably isn't as good as the original.