Chapter Eighteen - Normal?

I opened the door and started to make my way out.

"Sam," I feel a hand grabbing my wrist before two arms wrapped around me from behind.

I turn to face her; we are an inch apart. I can feel her warmth..again, her smell and her presence. She then pressed her lips against mine, sucking her way down to my collarbone. She traces over my collarbone lightly with her lip, letting out a hot breath mixing with the wet trace she left behind. Her fingers trail the frame of my face.

"Let's me feel you, Sam. You have no idea how much I have been craving for you." She whispered.

She placed both her hands on my cheeks, kissed me slowly, licking my lips as if she is begging me to open my mouth.

My mouth obediently parted, letting her to invade.

I can hear her moan into my mouth, my knee suddenly weaken. She grabbed my body, preventing me from falling. She then pressed my body against the door, pushing it shuts, pinning my hands against the door. She makes her way down between my legs.

"Are you ok?," she asked against my lips.

"yes," I whispered.

-------------------------------

"Hey, if you decide not to talk to me again, I think I would really need a therapist. Actually, we probably both need one then." I said, lying next to her clothless body.

She chuckled, reaching for my hand.

"Is this mean we are back to be us again?" I ask.

"It has always been us," she said, playing with my hair.

I furrowed, wanting to ask why she did what she did, but I asked a few times already.

"Charl, can I ask something?" I start.

"You know what, let's go to Ikea today. You just moved back here, right? Probably need some stuff for your new place?" She said suddenly.

"Sure." I said quietly. It is ok. I do not need any answer, I just need her.

Lizzie is just waiting for us patiently outside the bedroom door. We take her to my place before heading to Ikea. She reluctantly to be left at home alone, we tried a few times to reason with her. By reasoning, I mean put her on the sofa and ran out.

----------------------------

"You have a very needy cat, Sam," she commented.

"Yeah, well, she is just a kitten. She will grow out of it."

"By the way, what with the name? Did you actually name your cat after my name?" she said, not being very pleased.

"Self-obsessed much? Charlie and Charlotte are two totally different names." I defended.

"Right. not really but ok."

We are sitting in the car, the same old familiar scene where we spent countless hours together four years ago. I expected for it to take much longer for us to come back to be "us", to be so comfortable around each other again. But, her touches and her presence just feel so natural, like no time has passed. So, before I know it, we are just back to be us again.

"What are you thinking?" she reaches for my hand with her free hand.

".. of how much I miss you."

She smiles.

"Did you miss me, like I miss you?" I asked.

"Every single minute." she squeezed my hand.

"Then why did you ..."

"So what are you going to buy? Better make a shopping list now so you won't forget anything." Again.

"Look, I am not mad or anything. I just do not understand why did you suddenly stop talking to me. Did I do something wrong?" I am not letting this go.

"Sam, can we just let this go?" she begged.

"Sure. .. I love you," I said.

"Umm" she whispered.

We arrived at Ikea, but then with her tiny car, we probably could only get small stuffs, I think.

"Hey, since you have already helped me decorate, why don't you just move in?" I suggested.

"How about you move into mine and rent out your house instead?"

"Ummmm, I don't mind that, but my house is like triple a size and newer?"

"But mine has me in it." She grinned.

I give her a quick peck on her adorable lips.

"fine, then what are we doing here?"

"Umm, how about you get whatever you need, just enough so you can move into mine, like slippers or a cup?"

"The only thing I need is you! and I already have that." I smile while pulling her into my arms.

She smiles against my lips, her nose rubbing with mine.

We ended up having some meatballs and head home since she already has a spare of everything I need.

"Such a waste of a trip .. " I mutter.

"But you enjoy the ride because you get to spend more time with me, right?"

"You remember?" It was what I always say when we strucked in traffic.

"I've never forgotten," she said staring at the road.

"Right, you just forgot to reply any of my messages," I said bitterly.

She turns away from the road and locking her eyes with mine.

"Sam,"

"It's ok, Charl, I'm sorry for bringing it up."

-------------------------

We can hear Lizzie'meows from the moment we got out of the car.

"Hey, baby I miss you so much, how are you?" I greeted her in my tiny voice.

Charlotte is looking at me amusingly.

"What? She is my baby, my little Charlie." I shot.

"I didn't say anything." She shrugged and bent down to Lizzie "Come here, baby," and in that instant, Lizzie just forgets my existence and go running to her again.

"You're such a cute young lady, aren't you, like your mama." she then glanced at me. "Your house is seriously empty, Sam."

She wanders her eyes and sees our picture on the fridge.

"What happened to the frame?"

"She broke it," I point at Lizzie, who hissed back at me.

"I thought she hated you, so she just decided to destroy your gift. mann, I was so wrong."

"Nah, she just wanted you to think of me," what a confidence. "Good job, baby," she said, rubbing her head.

"Anyway, dinner?" I asked while fixing little miss Lizzie her dinner.

"Sure, and how about some dessert after that," she gives me a seductive glance.

"How about we skip dinner?"