Chapter Three - Tuesday

Week 2 is here, which means settling in period has ended. It is time to focus on my study. Maths is easy, History is bearable, and Physics is not too bad. I like it here so far. Hayley is in my Maths class, which is nice. We have been hanging out since we met, also with Belle and Amelia, Hayley's friend from her old school.

Me, Hayley, Belle, and Amelia have been hanging out almost every night, playing games, watching movies, going out drinking. It has been so much fun, getting wasted, and can literally get to classes from my bed within 10 minutes. You know, when you reach your class and still have that sleep marks on your face.

Yesterday was Cheesy Tuesdays, like the name said, all the cheesy tunes you have ever wanted in one night. It was super fun singing along the familiar lyrics all night long. Anyway, the fun was last night's story. The hangover is today's story. I woke up at noon, wayyy passed my morning classes. I decided to go to school to shake this headache off my head. I put on the first clean shirt I found and a leggings. I am too tired to squeeze my legs into tight jeans. I only have a tutor group left for today.

I walk straight to room A3, where I found Amelia already sitting there in the class looking fresh and radiant. 

"What the fuck happened to you?" she asked. 

"What the fuck 'not' happened to you?" I asked back. 

"Huh?" She looked confused. 

"Why don't you look dead like me?" 

"Why should I?" 

Oh ok, I guess I have low alcohol tolerance, lower than hers. I was thinking about last night while listening to Ms. Price explains about the university application process. 

"Can I copy your note afterward?" I asked Amelia. 

"Tough luck, my friend, but the answer is no." She whispered. 

Ha-ha, very funny. "Why you gotta be so rude?" I joked.

"Don't you know I'm human too?" She continued.

"Why you have to be so rude?" Not from me, but Ms. Price. 

We both looked up and then looked down quickly. 

"Please pay attention when I am talking. This is important for you. You have to start your application soon, " she then continued.

That was embarrassing. 

A few minutes later, the tutor group ended. 

"If you have any questions, please let me know." 

 I was making my way out of the class. 

"Ms. Andersons, my class was moved to 3 pm today." Great, just great.

My head is pounding, but my feet keep walking my body to my Maths class. I reached the room safely. There is no sign of Hayley, but there are a few people there. I sit at the back of the class. Well, there are only 2 rows with 15 seats in the room. Ms. Price walks in and starts teaching. Luckily, I learned these things at my old school before. 

"I have a test for all of you today to test your understanding of what we learned last week." 'I'm only human' I think to myself. 

"Excuse me?" Maybe I am thinking too loud. 

"Sorry, ma'am," I apologized. She glared, a teacher glare. 

I finished my paper and handed it in. She takes a look and smiles. I guess I did not do too bad then. 

"Can you help Casey with hers?" I thought this is a test, and I can go to sleep after finishing mine. Guess I was wrong. 

"Yes, madam," I then give Casey all the answers since I am too tired to teach her how to do each problem. 

There is no more people in the class. 

 "Can I go now?" I asked, hoping for a yes.

"Do you mind stay and help me correct these papers?" She must really hate me. 

"Sure, ma'am." I sat next to her and take half of the stack to myself and start checking. 

 "Do you want candy?" She handed me some candy. Her hand has weird blisters on her palm. 

"I went climbing the other day" 

"Huh?" I am confused. 

"You were looking at my blisters. I got them from climbing." 

I nodded. It did not take long before we finish correcting all the papers. I head home and take my long-needed nap.

Waking up at 7 pm, passed my dinner time. I open my laptop and start googling activities to do in town. I need a hobby. Then, climbing popped up. Climbing sounded cool and it is not too far away from here, just by the quay. I can go during weekdays also, so I do not have to bump into my teacher, which will be kind of awkward like I am stalking her or something.