Chapter TwentyThree - Lily

Sam's POV

I got home from work the next day. Lily is standing at my front porch.

"Didn't expect you here." I greeted.

"Nice to see you too," she said sarcastically.

"So, what brought your pretty face to my shabby place today?"

She chuckled, "Just thought you might need a company. You don't really have many friends here, to be fair."

"For your information, I do. I just like hanging out with only a few of them." I defend myself.

"Right."

I open the door, letting us inside.

"Look, Lilly, me and Charlotte decide to try again... but can we still be friend?" Once we sat down, I decided to get this out of my chest first.

She looks at me briefly, "I kind of figure that out from your look, but, sure, we can still be friends. I grow to like you a lot, just so you know."

"The feeling is mutual then." I am happy to hear that. She has indeed given me a lot of comfort during these past few months.

"Sam," she moves herself closer to me.

"Umm?"

she continued leaning towards me.

I look at her face, trying to figure what to do or say next. She gave me an innocent smile. "no strings attached."

She then kisses me on my upper lip, her warm breath lingers on me. I close my eyes before kissing her back.

She looks deep into my eyes before kissing her way down my torso. This time, unlike others, she is on top of me. I keep my eyes on her; we make eye contact before she buries her face into my sensitive part. She's sucking on it. I can feel myself tightening up. "You are so wet," she mumbles in between the sucking. I try to control my breath. She gives me a small peck on my torso before pushing her middle finger inside of me. I can feel myself hanging on edge now, then the second finger soon follows. She kissed me softly and went faster. I slipped out a small moan, "Lily,"

"I can come from just hearing you moan," she grabs my butts with her unoccupied hand; her tongue keeps bushing over it. Just at that second, we both came.

"I told you, I will make you come," she said while giving me small kisses on my cheeks.

I am holding her in my arm like I always am. I am stroking her hand, trailing along the vein on her wrist.

Suddenly the front door opens, she jumps up, putting on her cloth at lightning speed. I dress myself while looking down from the bedroom window, seeing Charlotte busy with food in the kitchen. 'oh shit' I think to myself. I cannot screw this up, not this fast. Once I'm done dressing myself, I quickly walk down, greeting Charlotte.

"Hey there,"

"Hi baby, just think that you might want a company tonight," she said cheerfully.

Lily walks down with her bag on her shoulder, avoiding looking at Charlotte.

"I see, you already have a company," Charlotte said, looking at Lily from head to toe.

"I'm just leaving. I'll see you at work, Sam," she said while waving goodbye and rushing out the door.

"Let me call you a cap," I said before rushing after Lily.

"I hope this is not a bad time for you," Charlotte said in a plain voice when I came back inside.

-----------------

Charlotte Price's POV

After yesterday, I have so much hope for us, for me and Sam. I know I did her wrong before but I intend for that not to happen again. She does not deserve that. She has waited for me for four years ... and I have too. What we had and, I hope, still have is too real to lose so easily. At least, I am not ready to let go of us .. not yet.

I decided to bring Sam dinner. I know she does not like cooking so I am semi-sure that she still does not have any plan for dinner. I feel so excited to hang out with her just like we did before. All those good memories come back to me. I was lost in my own thought and before I know it, I am already in front of her house. The same old house that we planned to live together once she graduated. Oh, how much time we have wasted, all those years of solitary that could have been  countless happy years together. I carefully parked my car at an empty spot. My eyes do glance at a familiar figure though, not of Sam but Lily in front of her house. Maybe she is here for work. I know Sam and she has something going on. It is not that I am blind. I did see them together countless times. Sam is happy with her which I am happy for her. It is hard to see her being so happy with someone else. I have not felt happy since she left, not as happy as I was with her anyway. I wonder whether she gave Sam butterflies because Sam did give me butterflies, every time we kiss.

Anyway, I decided to wait in my car until Lily leave. A full thirty minutes passed and the food turns cold already! I decided to just let myself in.

Charlie greeted me with a series of meows like she was trying to tell me something.

"Yes baby, I miss you too." I greeted her back, rubbing her chin softly.

I do not see any of them in sight so I decided to set up the dinner for us. I even prepared an extra dish for Lily too. I gave a raw salmon to Charlie which she happily accepted, not that I have to bribe her to like me, she already does so much. What can I say, I'm a charmer. After a while, Sam rushed down from upstairs.

"Hey there," she greeted.

"Hi baby, just think that you might want a company tonight," I replied.

Lily walked down with her bag on her shoulder.

"I see, you already have a company," I do not know why I said that.

What did they do upstairs, I know Sam has a home office there so maybe they need a computer for the work thing. I must have lost on my thought again. Before I realised, Lily is gone and Sam walks back in from the front door.

I did not know what they were doing. I have so much faith in Sam. I know she won't hurt me, .. not on purpose. But, seeing her being so lively so happy with just the presence of Lily made me so .. scared. Does she mean you forgot about me? You wouldn't, right? because I have never and I do not think I will ever be able to.

"I hope this is not a bad time for you," I asked plainly, feeling a tears formed behind my eyes.

-----------------------

Sam's POV

"No, not at all," I smile, trying to act normal.

She reaches for my hand, leading me up to my bedroom. I am both worried and surprised but did not resist.

"Sam.."

My brows furrowed. "Charlotte," I whispered.

"Sam?" She stares into my eyes, giving me a chill.

I just stand there, does not know what to do.

Tears are starting to form in her eyes. I've never seen her becomes this vulnerable before. "Charlotte, What's wrong? Talk to me; remember we promise to talk to each other, to make this works."