Chapter Six - Comfort

We finished our dinner and were walking out of the canteen when I heard someone talking in Italian. It was a group of exchange students, talking about some bet.

One of the guys walk up to me and ask for my room number. I said 3C. He looks confused. Well, it is not one of the residence room numbers. Hayley seems to be intrigued by that.

"He is cute. Who is that?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. I really don't.

-----------------------------------

I am trying to decide what I want to do in university so I can start drafting my personal statement and get it over with. 'Knock knock' Someone is knocking. I open the door, to my surprise it is him. I mean I know his name is Kevin, but that is the only thing I know. I thought he was cute and all but I do not really know him.

"How do you know I live here?" I asked while letting him in.

"I live here too. 12C, just down the hall." Lucky him.

He sat on one of the chairs uninvitedly.

"So, what's up?" I asked.

He took my laptop on the table and type in 'sei bellissima' and pushes it for me to see.

"Thank you." I said a little shyly.

"What are you doing now?" He asked.

"Nothing much. About to watch some movie." I said, do not want to get into the whole personal statement topic.

"Can I join?"

"Don't you have anything else to do like going out with your friends?"

"Nah, they are all gone," he insisted.

We sat on my sofa watching an episode of You on Netflix. After the episode ended, he left. That was weird.

-----------------------------

So, apparently, Em has a boyfriend now. He was her Tinder date the other day. His name is Justin and today we are all going out to a pub with him and his friends. We are playing Ring of Fire, and everybody is drunk.

I am very tipsy. A cold walk back to my apartment does not help to sober me up much. I reach my room safely. I sat on my sofa when a hard object pierces into my bum. Fudge, a charger? I grab a charger and walk straight to 12C. I knocked twice before barge in. Wow, there is nothing in here like an empty room with only pieces of furniture that came with the room.

"I am returning your charger," I said, holding a charger up to Kevin. He seems surprised to see me. Everything is blurry by now. I stumble to his bed, wow, the alcohol made me so horny.

"Come here" I whispered.

"No" Did he just reject me?

"Let's get you to your room." He said before carry my sloppy body to my room.

-----------------------------

"Come lie down with me" I weakly plead.

He lies down next to me. I climbed on top of him and whispered "Is this what your bet is?"

His eyes widen. I pulled my shirt off my head and guide his hand to unhook my bra.

"Let's make you win the bet," I whisper.

I woke up with a slight headache in his arm with half my bed sheet on the floor. What-did-happen? Then I found two used condoms in the bin. I went to shower and get dressed quietly before heading out to grab breakfast at a cafe downstairs. I ordered two sandwiches. When I came back, he is already awake, I hand him one of the sandwiches.