Chapter Two - Not so Bad

With Zoey Deutch in mind

---------------------------

Moving back to my hometown for the final year of school seems far from ideal, but life is what it is. I think love is just a movie genre. The longest relationship I had ever been in was three months and it was just a commitment to fuck with one person and nobody else. I have never been afraid to lose anyone before. When my dad passed away was the first time I have experienced sorrow.

-----------------------

It does not even make sense, why do I have to be back here to serve other people's greed? OK, finishing my senior year in a new school in my hometown seems like something that is bound to happen then, with no friends it is.

My name is Sam, Samantha Andersons. My father and my grandmother passed away when I was in my junior year. I went to school in the New York and planned to go to university there, but now, just before my senior year begins, my mom said that I have to come home to deal with my father and my grandmother's assets. In fact, she has been talking about it since they passed and it seems to be the only thing she've ever cared about.

So, here I am, first day of my last year of youth.

-------------------------

"Ms. Andersons, you will be in Ms. Price' s tutor group. She will help you get started here and guide you through everything, Good luck," said the principal.

'Cool story' I said to myself while dragging my body to the said "Ms. Price's class.". Little did I know then that this name will be tattooed in my memory forever.

I knocked the door and entered the class. Without much attention, the teacher pointed me to an empty seat and continue talking. She should be Ms. Price, according to the timetable in my phone. Well, she is a woman so correct sex at least. An around 30 years old woman who wears high heels to teach with light hair.Honestly, I keep my hope to the minimum for her to make my life easier here, also she herself does not seem to be aware of my existence. After that first class, I introduced myself to her and informed her that I am in her tutor group. She seems to have acknowledged it.

"Should I make an appointment with you then?" I asked. I mean to discuss what to do now and university shits thing?

"Yeah sure, my office hours is 1pm to 4pm Monday and Thursday." She informed. 

"Can I see you at 1.30pm today?" Today is Monday.

She then agreed and headed out of the room. 

Ms. Charlotte Price, I found her name under the Mathematics department. Great, I am planning to take Math. It is now just after 10am so I head to my apartment near by. Well, I really cannot stand a sight my mom so I am renting a room near the school. I did not have a personal tutor in my old school, but I know that a personal tutor suppose to support me, giving me advices on school and stuffs like that, and having a good one will really help with my life in school and getting into a good university. Hope she is a decent one.

-----------------------------------

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked. 

Shouldn't you tell me what should I be talking to you about? Urgh. "Umm, What subjects should I pick?" 

"I see that you just moved here after finishing 11th grade so you will be doing A2 subjects before going to the university next year, what do you want to read in the university?" 

Oh, so she did know me. "I don't know. I am good at Maths but I don't like science, maybe Law or Psychology?" 

"How about Maths, Economics and Physics" She suggested and I agreed. 

She then registered me on her computer. "You all set, Ms. Andersons. The school will send you your timetable via email so please keep an eye for that" 

"Thank you" She does not seem to want to discuss anything more so I excused myself and headed back home.

I received my timetable and there she is as my new Math teacher. So, three subjects every day and a tutor group session on Wednesday, sounds like a lot of free time. And then another email came, there will be a tea party tomorrow, ok, a chance for me to find some friends.

-----------------------------------

I met these 2 girls from the party, Hayley and Belle. They both live in school. Well, Belfield is a semi-boarding school situated on the south coast of England, less than an hour to London and less than an hour walk to the beach. Here, everybody pretty much does whatever they want with minimal rules put in place, and with a stiff tuition fee, people are pretty much well-off. Though people are surprisingly chill like they are on weed all the time and most students here live in school. 

Week 1 has passed, I got friends, decent timetable and a gym membership. Not so bad after all.