Chapter TwentySix - The Distance between Us

Sam' POV

It has been two months since I arrived here. I made some friends, actually, I got some very good friends here already so my life here is starting to look really up. December is Charlotte's birthday and yes, it will be that wonderful time of the year, the most beautiful time of the year. So spending it with the most beautiful person in the world is a reasonable thing to do. I already bought a plane ticket home. I am so excited to surprise her.

-----------------------------------

Charlie (the cat)'s POV

Yes, I am a cat, a 3-year-old (very) cute cat, I would say. I am in my prime years, so fully and beautifully grown. But enough about me, I am here today, just to complain how annoyed I am with my two mommies, Sam and Charlotte. To clear the oppressing question, yes, you are correct, Charlotte is my favourite. What can I say, we (the cats) like beautiful things. Ummmm, don't tell Sam, though cause she is the one who put a roof over my small head.

It has been two months since Sam left. I think she went to study somewhere far. I could not be bothered to care enough to know exactly where or why. Nonetheless, I am like 80% sure that is because of the absence of the said Sam, nowwww my favourite mommy has become really clingy and annoying. I get it, you are lonely, lady, but I am a cat, I need some space.

"Babyyyyy Charlie, where are you?" Here we go again. *rolling my eyes*

The soft face rubbed with my furry face. Her hand starts to rub my shin. No lady, not that spot. I melted into her arm and my leg is uncontrollably making the funny motion. So embarrassing.

-------------------------------

Charlotte went to a school trip for 3 days so I'm home alone with this 3 days old food she left for me. But she should come back today.

The door cracked open, right on time!

Here we go again, a never-ending smothering, but it's Charlottee so yes pleaseeeee. I ran to the door to greet my favourite mother.

"motherrrrrrr" I scream.

"Charlieeeeeee"

The f**. Not Charlotte. It's Sam.

"No." She picked me up and bury her face to my tummy.

"Stop it."

*watch this video: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVBeE8XBAHs/?utm_medium=copy_link*

"No touching, please don't" I continue but she also continues her action.

"I miss you so much! Did you take care of your mommy well?" she then tickled my tummy.

"I said don'ttttt"

"move"

"move it"

"move your hand"

"more" She finally put me down.

"hold it right there cause I don't trust it."

"Wait, did you sanitise"

"Six feet please, social distancing."

"Why are you so talkative today? I know you miss me too." ugh, you're so full of yourself mannn.

----------------------------

Sam' POV

Charlie is so talkative, I guess she is complaining about why I left for so long. Oh poor baby. I flew home to surprise Charlotte. I brought so many Christmasy decorations with me so I can make this house magical before she comes back from her school trip. I start to put the decorations up, with Charlie playing with a white snowy bauble hanging from a lower branch of the Christmas tree that I put just next to our fireplace.