Chapter Twenty - Ain't It Funny

With Halston Sage in mind

----------------------------------------

Can you make someone come three times in one night, yet unable to come yourself even once? Yes, I can, and it just happened last night. I mean, it was fun and all, but I feel a bit sadder than I should.

I am swiping through feeds on my phone, with Lily sound asleep next to me. The sheet is a tad sticky with all her fluid from last night. 

Damn, I hate doing laundry. 

Her scent lingers over all my sheet and pillows. She opens her eyes slightly, looking at me.

"Why aren't you asleep?" she mutters.

I put my phone on the nightstand beside the bed before moving myself closer to her. Close enough so I can put my arm over her wispy shoulder, I kiss the top of her forehead, inhaling her scent yet again.

"Nothing, baby," I whisper.

She scooches in further, tangling her long legs with mine. I kiss her cheek reassuringly before letting her rest her head against my chest. I wish it could be Charlotte right here with me, but Lily does make me feel happy, at least at this moment. I stroke her head softly until she falls back asleep.

---------------------------

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I inhaled deeply, ummm smell so lovely. I think this might be the first cooking that ever happened here. Before I can finish my thought, Lily walks in with the signature bright smile on her face.

"Hey, sleepyhead!" She smiles.

"Come here," I have a big grin on my face.

Before she could say anything, I jump out of my bed, giving her a quick kiss and dragging her back to bed. She is on top of me, continuing our kiss from a second ago.

"Do you need to be anywhere today?" I ask against her lip.

"Anywhere you want me to be,"

"I want you here with me."

I end our session with a kiss on her nose.

There are two plates of amazing looking bacon, slices of avocado and fried eggs.

"The person who gets you as a girlfriend would be the luckiest person in the world," I said.

"I know, right? yet I'm still single!" she sighed.

"Not for long," I'm sure.

"Hope so," she said, throwing her arm up in the air.

'meow' I hear a small voice from the floor.

"You didn't tell me you have such a cute cat," she said excitedly while picking up little Lizzie.

Lizzie then meows louder to her face. Probably hungry.

"Come on, buddy, let give you some food," Lily then pouring some food into her bowl.

Lizzie gives it a smell before ran away to her playing corner.

"She is so cute," she comments, walking back to the table. She gives me a small peck on my lips before sitting back in her chair.

We were just hanging out here all days, watching a movie, walking, playing card games. I surprisingly have a very good time, the kind that I haven't have in years.

She is lying on my chest. We are watching 'the quiet place', the perfect movie to scooch in closer to each other.

"Hey, I like that you are here," I said while holding her hand in mine.

"I like being here," she looks up to meet my eyes.

Just then, I hear a few meows outside the house, so I decide to check it out.

------------------------

I see Charlotte carefully let Charlie inside the house. I mean, she has the key. I gave her the spare since I got the house. We were planning to move here together when I graduate, which is, well, now.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask plainly. Honestly, I'm so sick of all her stupid game already.

So, basically, she has been playing with Lizzie while I was at work, and that is why she was so well-behaved.

"Taking care of this little girl since clearly, you have been busy with another kitty."

It took a while for me to understand before I scoffed, "How is that any of your business?"

"You know what, Sam, I can smell that girl on you from here," she said in disgust and gives me yet again her cold stare.

I stare back at her this time.

"What do you expect me to do then, to desperately wait for you forever? Guess what, I've done that, and it sucked!" I shot.

"And I do not know what game you are playing, but I am moving on, Charlotte. I do not care what your stupid reason was, but there is no reason for you to ignore me now. The fact that you still do is clear enough for me that you do not want anything to do with me. I have loved you, and still I love you now, but Charlotte..." I closed my eyes, try to suck my tears in. "someone else makes me happy, and it would be unfair for her that I keep thinking about you. I still wish that every moment I spent with her was with you, but that seems to be impossible, isn't it." I think my dark eyes do generally look warm and 'unhurt', but now they are covered in warm clear sheet of water.

"Oh, and leave my cat alone." I finally add.

She reaches for my hand, but I snap back this time. She took a step back, looks at me one last time before walking away. I squeezed my numbed hands tightly trying to hole my tears from falling.

---------------------

"Who is that?" Lily asks.

"An old friend," I said plainly.

"You seem angry. It is her, isn't it."

"..."

"I'm not stupid, Sam. Your face already answered that."

I furrowed, "what if it is, then what?"

She shrugged. "I know you clearly still love her, and she probably still do too."

I look at her. She a little bit hesitant to continue but continue anyway.

"If there is a chance for you guys, why don't you just take it?"

"..." There are so many reasons. Among which, because there is a risk that she might just break me into pieces ... again.

"Let's go out tonight, all drinks on me,"