Chapter Eight - Playing House

I woke up, finding both of them still sound asleep. They look so peaceful. I sneaked out of my bed, making sure not to wake them up. I can wake up to this every day. I go to Sainsbury's downstairs, getting something to make breakfast with.

---------------------------------

"Shit shit shit." I heard the voice coming from my room. I walk quicker to see what happened. I opened the door, and find Ms. Price pouring milk into a bowl with Alexis half asleep in his chair.

"Sam!" His eyes lit up.

"Hey," I said hi back.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed, turning to Ms. Price.

"He needs to get to school. We are late already." She did not even look up, her eyes searching for something.

"Are you going to go to school in that Harley Quinn costume? , and isn't it half term now? " I question, eyeing the dryer with her costume inside.

"Oh shit! And they have a Halloween party today. Do you happen to have cereal or any fruits?" she asks.

"I do not want fruit!" Alexis interrupted.

"How about milkshake for breakfast," I said. 

She looks freaked out by my comment. 

I quickly put an apple and a banana in the blender. "It will be so sweet, he will love it." I whispered to her. 

"Can I have some?" His eyes sparkle with excitement. 

"Sure, here you go, a special milkshake just for you," I hand a full glass to him. 

Ms. Price smiles looking at Alexis enjoying his, basically, fruit juice. 

"Hey, I can walk him to school, if you want" I offered.

"Really? I don't want to bother you with that though." She hesitated.

"Well, it's that or Harley Quinn is walking him to school."

"Ok, I'll drive and you can walk him to school. It will be faster that way." She agreed.

-------------------------------

Ms. Price dropped us off near the school and I walked Alexis to the school gate handing him to his teacher at the door. He is in another of my t-shirt tucking in his police pants from last night. Not his finest outfit, but not too sloppy.

"Hi, I am dropping him off," I said, pointing at Alexis standing beside me smiling.

"Alexis Charles Edwards and you are?" The teacher ticking his name off on a piece of paper and looked at me. Not Price? Oh yea, they did not get married and Charles is probably for Charlotte. Cute.

"I'm Sam. His mother's friend." She looks a little bit confused and nodded, then takes his hand, taking him inside the building.

"Bye Sammm!" He turns to say goodbye. I waved back.

--------------------------

We came back to my room.

"Can we go back to bed?" She said while climbing back in my bed, covering herself with my blanket.

"Could you close the curtains!" she shouted. I do not think that is a question.

I obey, closing all the bedroom curtains for her, then head back to the kitchen.

I made a plate of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on top and chopped avocado on the side. I will let her add her own peppers and salt. I put a plate, a pepper mill and salt grinder, and a cup of tea with a cube of sugar on the side on my laptop bed tray before bringing it into the bedroom for her.