Chapter Five - LND

We walked up to Ms. Price, who is waiting for us at the car park near the school. Since no one signed up except for us, we are going by her car. Belle is coming with us too, since there is an empty seat.

Ms. Price glances at us and said: "Oh, I am sorry, but I thought it was only three of you coming."

Em quickly says "I'm not going, ma'am." 

We hugged goodbye and get in Ms. Price's Beetle. It is packed with all seats taken. Claustrophobia's nightmare. She then opens her sunroof. Showing off. I really like her sunroof, though. I look up to the clear blue sky. It is so calming looking at the sky. We sit quietly in the car. She turns on the radio softly.

This is so nice, sitting here in a passenger seat looking at the sky with a soft radio playing.

"Enjoy yourself?" She asked.

I nodded.

"We have to register before 10 am, so we will go to the venue before going to the hotel" She informed.

Oh, I almost forget that we have to do that stupid challenge.

------------------------------

After the registration, we all go to the hotel. We are staying at Park Plaza near Westminster Bridge. The hotel informed us that all twin rooms are full, so they give us a two-bedroom suite. We are not complaining. There are two bedrooms and a living area with the view of the Westminster Bridge from all rooms.

"Where do you want to sleep?" Ms. Price asks, looking at me.

"We will take the room with two single beds." Hayley answered.

"Then you are sleeping with me, Sam." Ms. Price ordered. My brows furrowed.

"Come on." She said leading me to the other room.

Hayley and Belle settle in their room. Our room is with a large double bed facing a huge window with an amazing view. We also got an en-suite bathroom, which is nice, but a double bed. Is that mean I am sleeping on the sofa at the end of the bed or am I sharing a bed with Ms. Price? I was staring at the bed when Ms. Price urges us to get going.

We finished the first round at 5 pm. It was tiring. We went for dinner at a sushi shop near the hotel before heading back to get some rest before the second round on Saturday. I am in the twin room playing cards with Hayley and Belle, while Ms. Price takes a shower in our room. After she is done, I take my clothes and take a shower in Hayley's room before going back to my room.

"Why did't you shower here?" Ms. Price asked.

"I thought you want a little privacy?"

"I don't mind. Now, come, we should get as much sleep as we can," pointing at the space next to her in the bed.

She looks kind of hot in her PJ, a short-sleeve, button-front top, with pink stripes and a matching shorts. My eyes involuntarily roam her body. A slight pink spreads on her cheeks. I slide under the blanket which we share before taking one pillow to build a wall between me and her.

"What are you doing?" She looks over my wall.

"Building a fortress." I hum to myself.

"You are so childish. You scared I am going to rape you or something?"

I laugh at her comment dryly. She then slides her body under the blanket and takes my pillow fortress to her chest. Great. My fortress has been destroyed.

I woke up at around 3 am. The light is off. She must have turned it off. I found an arm wrap around my body and warm bare legs tangled with mine, then I realized who they belong to. My heart race even faster and I felt my stomach flutter. This feels so good, so warm. The kind of warmth I have never felt in a long time.

The next morning, I woke up again without her next to me. Maybe it was just a dream. I heard the shower running with a woman singing. A die-hard Spice Girls fan? I thought to myself. I take my toothbrush and brush my teeth in the kitchen sink before getting dressed.

"Hey Sam, had a good sleep?" Ms. Price walking out of the bathroom asking.

"Yeah"

"What kind of dream do you have?" Huh? She can read minds? "You were mumbling." She elaborates.

"Nothing." I said. I cannot remember anything about that.

----------------------------------

Today went by quickly. We did not put much effort into the challenge.

"Is it ok if we go out tonight?" Hayley asks Ms. Price.

"Of course." She said. "But do not go out too late, ok?" she added.

We nodded.

Finally, I see now why nobody sign up. It would be not that expensive and much less tiring if we just do our own day trip here, and we would not have to do a two-day stupid challenge. We go from bar to bar, trying all the signature drinks they have to offer. We are pretty tipsy by the sixth bar. We then walk the Oxford street, seeing the night light, took a night bus around the city, and continue with our bar hopping. Belle is wasted. We decided to go back to our hotel.

-----------------------------

After putting Belle to bed, I took a shower in Hayley's room before heading to my room. It is 2 am. I try to be as quiet as possible. I planned to take my clean clothes and sleep with Hayley tonight.

I open the door. The light still on, but Ms. Price is already asleep. She seems so peaceful. I gathered my clothes and heading back out.

"Come to bed, I have been waiting for you." she said in a drowsy voice.

"But I'm stink." I protest.

"Come here." She sounds irritated.

I put on my clean clothes, smell my breath making sure it is not too bad, and join her in the bed.

"Do you want to hold my hand, just in case you have a nightmare again?" She then grabs my hand and puts it against her chest.

I reach to turn off the light. I can feel her heart beats against my hand, like a lullaby. I am not sure if it was the tiredness or the sense of security she gave me that made me fell so sound asleep. I feel so secured here next to her, like nothing can ever harm me, like all the questions I have will be answered by her. But, ... I barely know her.

As much as I want to just lie here next to her, The morning has arrived.

"What is your plan for today?" She asks while packing her bag.

"We are going to walk around London, go shisha, and maybe lunch at Zuma, just opposite Harrods. Do you want to join us?" I offered.

"No, you guys have fun and I will pick you up near Harrods around 3 pm, is that ok?"

"Yes, Thank you very much." We agreed.

The day goes as planned. We finished lunch at around 2 pm. Belle and Hayley go check things out in Harrods. I was looking at clothes near the restaurant. My house is in London. It has been a long time since the last time I was here, but the shops around this area still remain mostly the same.

My phone rings "Hey, I am almost there. Are you guys ready?" Ms. Price asked.

"I am, but the other two still in Harrods."

"It's ok. I will pick you up first and then we can get them later."

Just that, I see a familiar white mini-size car at the end of the traffic line. I walk up the street and enter the car.

"Hi" I smile at her.

"The traffic so bad. I hate London." She did not even look at me.

Maybe I should not be so cheerful after all. I told her the exit to get to Hayley and Belle before sitting there quietly for the least of the trip back to school.