Chapter ThirtyOne - Peaches

With Rosamund Pike in mind

---------------------

Sam's POV

"What was my mom doing here baby?" I stroke her hair softly. Tears formed in my eyes. What did she do?

After a few minutes, she parted from my embrace and reached for my face instead. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"Nothing", I said, trying to suck in tears.

She gives me a small smile, "I'm so happy we found each other."

I shivered a bit. Is it possible to love her even more than I already am?

"So," she cleared her throat, "dinner?"

I walk to the table to set up plates for us. "Can we burn this?" I said, holding up a glass that I assumed my mom just used.

-----------------------------------------

There are not many things my mom can do to get that reaction from Charlotte, ummmm. But, whatever it was, Charlotte is better than that.

"Sammy Baby, are you coming?" I got into the routine of dropping her off to work and picking her up now, since I technically still on my holiday from school. By dropping her off to work and picking her up, I mean sitting in a passenger seat while she drives there and takes an Uber home, and take an Uber there then sit in a passenger seat while she drives us back. I am a useless piece of bread.

"Yes, one minute," I shouted while picking Charlie up. I have been neglecting her for the past few days. There was too much in my mind so I'm taking her so we will get our small walk home.

"Oh, two of my babies are here," she rubs Charlie's head softly and taking her into her arms.

"You're coming to send momma off too?" she said while rubbing her nose with little Charlie, who is a bit half asleep right now.

"momma huh?" I can feel a smirk forming on my face, while my hand wanders to her lower back.

"Yes, baby girl," she whispers before moving her body closer to mine so my hand could go even deeper down. She let out small hum.

*meow, Charlie screams annoyingly while still holding on to Charlotte's torso.*

We look at each other before burst out laughing and finally getting ourselves into the car.

---------------------------------------------

We gave her kisses before taking an Uber who dropped us off just a few blocks away from home so we can take that walk. Charlie is just exploring her way around, sniffing almost every single thing on her way.

She stopped at this boutique jewellery store. She is putting her paws up against the window.

"What is it baby?" I swear this cat understands human language. She looks at me before looking inside the display window. I pat her butts that sticking out from the way she poses like a pair of small buns before picking her up.

"Yes, baby. I know." It has only been almost four years that we are together, well it depends, she moved in just about two years ago but we met almost seven years ago. I am not sure if she would want that. For me, there is no doubt I only want her in my life, married or not. But then again, I hate to put her in a difficult position. I do not want to ruin have we have.

*ding ding, £ 1,xxx from Charlotte.* huh? I am about to text her to ask for the reason, but then I came to realisation, Ellie. "I have a better plan, Charlie." I said excitedly to my cat.

----------------------------

We are lying in bed. Charlotte is reading some papers and I'm just busy snuggling with her torso. "Sam, why are you so clingy today."

"Just because," I mumbled.

She gives me a sloppy rub on my head with her free hand.

"You are so sexy in that glasses," I look up and smile at her who just hummed in reply.

Still busy, I see.

I bury my face back to her body.

A few hours passed, finally she put that stack of paper down.

I sit myself up on the bed.

"What?" she asked, trying to hold in her laughter.

"Do you want to get married?"

"Is that a proposal?" she asks in a mocking tone.

"Maybe. I don't know. I mean If you do, we can do it right now. I don't even know how to get married, but we can google."

-------------------------------------

Charlotte's POV

This is unexpected.

"I just want you to know that I am not scared of being committed to you. In fact, I want to and I am committed to you. I do not think that it is necessary to put a label on us. But, I want you to know that I love you." Her eyebrows make a funny motion.

"... I'm also not sure whether you would want to marry me," She spoke in a lower tone, avoiding my eyes.

I know Ellie and Sam don't like, well hate each other, but oh man, how well do they know each other. It's scary.

"I want what you want, baby," I answered.

"I only want you."

I rub my thumb on her soft cheek.

She closes her eyes for a minute.

She holds both my hands in hers.

"Ummm here," she hands me a paper that seems to come out of nowhere. Did she hide that under our bed the whole time?

"What is this?" I look at her face.

"A transfer document of this house. I've already signed my name as the 'transferer' so you can just sign here as the 'transferee' and the house will legally be yours and only yours."

"Sam..."

"I remember I asked you to leave this house before (Chapter 26), but this is our home. I want you to feel safe here."

How could I ever doubt her love.

"I trust you, so keep it and do whatever you want with it. Nothing else matter to me, apart from you," she said in her stern voice that I rarely get to hear.

"... I just hope you know that by now already."

I have no word in response. I cannot believe I am here with this amazing person who love me this much. What did I do to deserve her? The longer we are together, the deeper I've fallen in love with her. The way she is being so observant and all those small things she does to show how much she cares.

"Sam, .. I don't think anything in the world can jeopardize what we have." (Chapter 30)

Sam or Charlotte

-------------------------------------------

JB might be too cheesy for your taste, but this lyric just came through my head.

'~ Hand in my hand because I'm yours
I can't, I can't pretend, I can't ignore you're right for me.'