Chapter Forty - Preparation

Sam's POV

"Mom," I picked my phone up and called my mother. The word 'daughter-in-law' is still stuck in my head.

"Listening,"

Such a caring mom. Anyway, "Just ummmmm, I have been thinking, and I think I want to propose, ... to Charlotte, obviously." I do not even know why I am telling her right now.

"....."

"..."

"..."

I look at the screen, ensuring the line is still connected.

"Say something?"

"What do you want me to say? ... I like her. I gave her a better job even, so she can support my baby."

"Oh."

"So ummmmm, I am going to propose on the weekend. I'm just letting you know, so make sure her work is going fine on Friday, I guess." I said nervously.

"Good decision."

"I mean, if you want to be there, we will have a small gathering afterwards. I will do the proposing at the island where you and dad took me when I was young. You know where it is."

"..."

"mom?"

"Yes yes, I will be there. You know I want you to be happy, right?"

"... see you there, mom." I will text her the details after.

I do not know what that was, but that is kind of it with me and mom.

-----------------------

I want this thing to be private and personal, so just close friends i.e. Mark and family, my family i.e. my evil mother, and her family. One down, two to go.

I picked up the phone again and dialled Mark's number. It would be so fun to have Alexis there. He and Charlie can reunite again. "Hey, Mark,"

"What's up, Sam?"

"I do not know how to say it; wait a second." Somehow I got all shy up.

"You are going to marry C., right?"

"Eh? how do you know ???"

"I saw how you look at her, and please, it is long overdue." Oh.

"Yes, that's right, and I plan to have a small gathering/meal after the proposal. Send you the deeds later?"

"Sure, we will be there for sure."

"Wow, you made this so easy." lol.

"See you, kiddo."

"... see you."

---------------------------- 

Hardest one now. How am I going to do this one .... I think it should be in person.

"Charlotteeeeeeeeeee! Surrey tomorrow, you're in??" I shouted.

.

.

.

--------------------

Charlotte's POV

"What?!"

"What? I said Surrey tomorrow, to visit your parents. Do you want to come?"

"Tomorrow is Friday, and what ..  if I do not want to go, you will just go by yourself?"