5

MEREDITH GREY

I woke up the next morning naked from last night's events but I was alone. I put on a robe and walked too to the bathroom door but it was locked, so I knocked on the door no answer so I knocked again and said "Derek!" I heard the door unlock so I opened the door and I saw Derek sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest and head in his hands.

I walked over to him and knelt down to him and ran my fingers through his hair, and asked him what was wrong. He didn't say anything

"Hey what happened?" I whispered.

He looked up at me with tears in his eyes I repeated myself saying "what happened" he stood up and I stood up with him and he said, "my dad died he was shot and killed in his store" while trying not to hold back a sob.

"Oh Derek," I said softly and hugged him.

We stood like that for a bit while he sobbed into my shoulder until I pulled away and kissed him multiple times on his lips. I helped him get ready for work and when we got to the hospital I walked in with him and Deluca came up to me and said:

"Hi Meredith, how was your morning"not even looking at how of a shape Derek was in. I didn't say anything I just walked us up to my office.

When we got there I sat him down in my chair at my desk. I started rubbing his shoulders, earlier I told him he should take the day off but he refused to stay home so I just took him with me to work.

As I was rubbing his shoulders he got up and laid on the long grey sofa across the room so I let him lay there and told him if he didn't want to work he didn't have to.

He didn't respond he just laid there staring at the ceiling so I let him be. I sat at my desk doing my paperwork as always about an hour later he spoke up. "It's hot in here," he said still staring at the ceiling.

"You can take your shirt off if you want to," I said still looking at my paperwork and he did take his shirt off. He unbuttoned his black shirt, took it off and laid back down, throwing it on the floor.

About an hour after that I got paged, I walked over to him kissed him repeatedly on his forehead before I whispered into his neck "I'll be right back" and kissed his neck and left my office.

I felt bad for Derek I haven't met Derek's dad but he told me that he and his dad were very close there were no other men in Derek's family other than his dad, now he only had his mom and four sisters who were without a doubt destroyed especially Amelia she was always a daddy's girl, Derek and Amelia were the closest to their dad since they were the two youngest out of the five, from what Derek as told me.

After I finished what I was doing I started walking back to my office because I wanted to go check on Derek but then there he was again Deluca "hey, Meredith," he said happily "it's chief grey, not Meredith to you" I said bitterly and I said nothing else and walked back into my office.

Derek was still in the same spot where I left him an hour ago I set down a cold bottle of water and an apple and banana on the table next to the couch

I kissed him on the lips then on his forehead and said "I brought you some water and food if you're hungry... I love you"

"I love you too" he whispered still looking at the ceiling.

At the end of the day, we went home and Derek fell asleep immediately as he lay in bed I got in bed with him and he cried himself to sleep in my arms.