72 | kicking

It was many hours later and Meredith and Derek were fast asleep in bed under the covers, Derek rolled over so he was facing Meredith and wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer and squeezed her tightly. Meredith started to feel a sting of pain because of how hard Derek was squeezing her, she tried pushing his hand on but he had a tight grip on her. She eventually got his hand off of her and she moved to the other side of the bed.

She was about to fall asleep until she felt a sharp kick in her lower back, Derek had kicked her in his sleep. She had no idea why he was all of a sudden so rough with her but she decided to ignore it for now. She started to feel the spot where he had kicked her start to hurt a little more but tried to ignore it.

She was just about to fall asleep again until she felt another sharp kick but in the stomach this time, she winced at the pain as she held her stomach and was about to get out of bed before she heard little footsteps running towards the door.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Sullivan screamed as he ran into the room, throwing the door open.

"What is it, Sullivan?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"I had a dream about the scary man!" He cried

"Okay, come here," she said as she picked him up and let him cry into her shoulder, she brought him back into the guest bedroom where the other triplets were and tried laying him down on the bed

"No, can you sleep with me?" He asked

"Yea, sure," she said tiredly as she laid down with Sullivan in her arms, he turned around and pushed his face into her breasts as he fell asleep and Meredith did soon after.

***
It was the next morning and Meredith's back and stomach ached in pain, she slowly got up as Sullivan still slept. She went back into their guest bedroom and picked out a simple black dress and went into the bathroom to take a shower. As she was taking her clothes off she looked in the mirror and saw a huge purple bruise on her stomach and another one on her lower back, her eyes filled with tears as she stepped into the hot shower and washed her hair and body.

After she had finished showering she dried off, did her hair in a slicked-back bun and put on her clothes. She walked back into the bedroom where she saw Derek picking his clothes out as he was only in boxers.

"Hey" he smiled as he looked up at her, she didn't answer and continued walking outside the bedroom closing the door behind her. She walked into the triplet's bedroom and woke them all up, and got them all into the bath in that bathroom that was connected to the guest room. After the boys were all cleaned she used hair gel to slick their hair to the side and got them dressed into black dress pants and black button-up shirts.

She brought them into the kitchen where they saw Carolyn making breakfast.

"Morning" Carolyn smiled

"Morning" Meredith smiled "and I'm very sorry about yesterday," Meredith said sympathetically.

"It's alright, dear" she smiled "your adults, and the girls shouldn't have walked in when they knew what you guys were doing in the first place" Carolyn added

"Even then, we shouldn't have," Meredith said

"It's fine, I don't care if you have sex in my house, just as long as it isn't in my bed, you're not too loud, and you clean up afterwards," Carolyn said

"Thank you" Meredith smiled as Carolyn smiled back.

"Mommy, can you hold me?" Sullivan said, sticking his arms up and pouting.