56| long day

I had just put all the kids down for a nap and I'm exhausted. I went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and as I was doing so Derek came home from work.

"Hey" he smiled as he walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek

"Hey" I sighed as she took a sip of water

"You okay?" He asked As he looked towards me

"Yea, just long day" I  whispered

"Oh, where are the kids?" He asked

"Their asleep, I just got them down so please don't make them," I said as she walked towards the bedroom

"Meredith, how do you feel?" Derek asked her as I was walking in the hallway

"Tired I guess, why?" I asked

"Because the weather getting colder and the flu is going around and I just don't want any of the kids to get sick especially the twins since their still so young," he said

"Oh yea, I'll let you know if I feel sick or anything," I said as I walked into their bedroom and got dressed into a red silk night set and got under the movers and laid down and started to fall asleep.

A few minutes after she fell asleep Derek went to go check to make sure the kids were all asleep still and once he saw that they were he slowly opened the door to their bedroom careful not to wake Meredith. As he closed the door he saw Meredith sleeping in the bed he slightly smiled to himself and then Changed into his more comfortable clothes. Grey sweatpants and no shirt or boxers.

After he got changed to quietly climbed in bed next to Meredith and then put his left hand under her waist and then the right on the other side of her waist and then pulled her into his chest as she pushed her face into his chest and put her arm around his waist and fell back asleep.

Once I woke up I looked at him and kissed his cheek and cuddled back into his chest and waited for him to wake up instead of waking him up herself.

I got up and out of bed and went to go check on the triplets and saw that they were laying in their toy room.

"Hey boys," I said as she sat down on one of the beds

"Hi mama," Devereux said as he ran up to me and hugged my legs and I picked him up and sat him down on my lap.

"What are you three doing in here?" I asked them

"Playing with cars" Sullivan replied

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked

"Yea!" They all said smiling

"Okay I'll go make you boys something," I said as I put Devereux down on the news and walked into the kitchen and got out a box of macaroni and cheese and put some hot water in a pot and placed it on the stove and turned it on.

I went into the twin's room as the water was boiling and saw that they were both awake so I fed the both of them then burped them and dressed them into pastel yellow dresses with white bow headbands and brought them into the living room and placed them into their swings.

The water was finally boiling so I poured the box of noodle into the pot and stirred it a bit with a spoon and let it cook.

Derek was awake and came into the living room and went over to the twins and played with them for a bit.

Once the food was done cooking I drained the water and put everything into the pot and stirred it and then put it into three small bowls with plastic spoons and placed them on to the table and told the boys to come in the kitchen and they came and started eating.