46| warm and happy

Meredith woke up in her bed but as she turned over to the side to feel for her husband she was met with nothing but a cold mattress. She sat up a bit confused and saw that her husband wasn't next to her as he was when she fell asleep.

She fully sat up and rubbed her eyes and noticed how cold the room was. She got up and put on a robe and walked out into the living room where she saw Derek sitting on the couch working on his laptop in only sweatpants.

"Where did you go?" She asked a slight frown

"I wanted to make sure everything was ready for when we arrive in New York tomorrow," he said looking at his laptop

"It's freezing in there" she shivered and sat next to him

"Yea, it's getting colder, unfortunately, it will still be cold in New York as well just maybe not as cold as it is here," he said as he wrapped his arms around her pulled her close.

"How much longer until you think the twins will be born?" She asked

"I don't know maybe a few weeks, why?" He asked as he pulled a blanket over her when he saw that she was shivering.

"I'm getting tired of being pregnant"

"You already over it?" He laughed

"It's not funny" she glared at him

"No, maybe not, but I am thinking of getting more diamonds added to your ring," he said as he looked at her left hand

"Why? I'm happy with the ones I have" She said as she looked at him

"I know you are," he said as he smiled at her "but I still want to add more," he said as he looked through the photos of the house on the laptop.

"Are you scared to have two more baby's in the house?" She asked looking into his eyes

"No, not really why are you?" He asked

"Maybe a little"

"That's okay, I don't blame you having 5 kids will be hard but my mom did it so if she can do we can" He smiled

"Yes, but you're mom actually knows how to cook for five kids, I just make the boys pancakes three times a day and give them a cookie and juice and their happy"

"At least they're being fed and since we'll be a lot closer to my moms I'm sure she'll teach you"

"I'm not that good of a learner" she frowned as she sat up a bit

"You became a surgeon, you learned how to do all that I'm sure we'll be fine, you're parents had 12 kids and 11 boys who tried killing each other 24/7 if two people can take care of that we can do five kids" he chuckled

"I guess you're right she sighed as she drifted off to sleep.

As Meredith slept Derek imagined what their two daughters would look like when they were born he knew they would be beautiful, but he did really did hope that one of them had his dark brown almost black hair and was out going and always wanted to play and was fearless along with his bright blue eyes that anybody would notice in the dark.

And the other he hoped would have Meredith's golden shiny blonde hair and her be a little shyer but would be hard to hold back from anything once you got to know her a bit more, and she would have her mothers bright emerald green eyes that would make any man fall deeply in love her.

He knew that the boys would have a hard time accepting two more siblings and them both being girls wouldn't make the happiest kids on earth but he remembered the day he found out he was getting another sister and he was furious just as Sullivan was when he found out, but the second his mother went into labour he thought that he would despise the little girl who would take all his parent attention, but he was nothing but wrong.

But When Amelia was born and he was told to come to see her he was more than ready to hate her, but when he did meet her he felt completely different than he thought he would have.

His mother handed him his sister as he sat next to her he noticed that she had the same dark brown hair as he did and when she opened her eyes he smiled at her big bright blue as that were the exact same as his.

And from then on he loved his little sister Amelia Frances Shepherd. he always had and always would even tho she was annoying a lot of time his love for his little sister would never go away no matter what and he knew the boys would feel the same when their little sisters.

He smiled and teared up at the memory and looked over to his wife and kissed her on the top of her head and was excited for his family to grow.