70| Christmas eve pt 1

THEM

Meredith was sighing some papers for when she would start work at the hospital in a few months once the twins were older. As she was signing her papers the door opened ma Derek walked in as he had just come back from grocery shopping.

"Hey," he said as he leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"Hey," she said keeping her eyes on her work

"How the sighing going," he asked as he sat next to her on the chair next to her.

"Well," she said, looking through the papers

"Where are the children?" He asked as he rubbed his hand up and down her back.

"They're down for a nap" she replied

"That's good," he said kissing her head

-Time jump Christmas day-

Meredith and Derek, were peacefully asleep in bed until they were awoken by little feet running down the hall as the door swung open.

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, ITS CHRISTMAS!" the triplets yelled as they ran into their bedroom and jumped up and down on the bed.

"Boys don't you think it's a little early" Meredith groaned into the pillow.

"NO, ITS CHRISTMAS MAMA!" Sullivan yelled as he jumped on top of her

"Ow," Meredith mumbled as she rolled over onto her back and pulled him close to her and under the covers with her.

"NO, CHRISTMAS!" he yelled smiling as crawled out from the covers and went back to jumping on the bed with the other two.

"Ugh" she groaned as she sat up from her comfortable spot in bed. She got up and out of bed and went into the bathroom the go take a shower.

"Why don't you boys go wake up grandma," Derek said groggily as he sat up in bed.

"GRANDMA IS UP. SHE MAKING CHRISTMAS DINNER!!" Matthew yelled as he jumped on top of Derek, Derek catching him in his hands.

"And I thought you were the quiet one" Derek chuckled as he sat Matthew down in his lap and kissing the top of his head.

Derek took the boys down the hallway and into their bedroom and got them bathed and dressed into something other than just a pair of sweatpants. He dressed them into black dress pants and red button-up shirts and buckled their belts around their waists.

He brought them into the living room area where you could see the kitchen where she was making some food early to take to the family house.

"How's it going?" he asked his mother as he walked into the kitchen.

"Good, could you pass me that, dear?" she asked as she pointed to something on the counter, he headed it to her.

"Is everything still set up at the family house?" Derek asked her.

"Yes, I have all the gifts under the tree other than yours and Merediths, but you can put those in the truck of the van," she said

"Alright, Meredith's taking a shower, the boys are showered and dressed, the twins are still asleep but they won't be for long with the boys screaming, and I already put the gifts in the trunk last night before we went to bed". He said as he went into the twin's room, they were both asleep he went into the bathroom to run two baby bathes, he went back into their room, he picked up Daphne, took on her onesie and took her diaper off, he brought her into the bathroom and laid her in the bath and bathed her. After Daphne was cleaned he wrapped her up in a towel and laid her back in the crib. He went over to Eloise and undressed her completely, and brought her into the bath and bathed her as well. After Eloise was clean he brought her back into the nursery. He waited a bit before dressing them not knowing what colour wanted them all to dress in. He figured Meredith would want them dressed in black because she always wanted to dress them in black, but maybe she wanted different, he decided to go check on Meredith and ask her what colour to dress them in.
He went into their bedroom and into their bathroom as he found her getting dressed herself.