73| Ellis

"Since when do you have my number?" She asked the other person on the phone

"We need you to come to get your daughter"

"Oh, now you want me to have her" he rolled her eyes

"Yes, she's of age and so are you, come get her," they said

"I'm kinda busy right now," she said As she looked down at Daphne who she was breastfeeding.

"We're at the border with her right now, come her get her or we'll get rid of her" they threatened

"Okay, okay, I'll come to get her," she said with tears in her eyes

"I'll be there in a few hours," she said as she hung up the phone, She had already fed Eloise and was waiting for Daphne to finish. Once Daphne was finished she pulled her clothes back on and left the room.

"Mer can we-

"No, Derek we can talk soon, but right now I have to do something important," she said as she grabbed her things, put on her boots and left with their van.

As she was driving she was thinking about everything, about Ellis and how she was supposed to explain to Derek that she had another daughter all the way back in Ukraine. Ellis was born and raised in Russia but when they heard Meredith was coming to Russia they took her to Ukraine, Meredith missed her daughter so much. She would always buy presents for her and send them to Russia and she was going to do the same this year but she hadn't had the time to send them, they were still in the back of the car with different coloured rapping so she could tell them apart from the boys. Derek had asked why they were different but she just told him it was to look pretty, the boys were blue, the twins were pink, Dereks were red, and Ellis's were purple.

Ellis was her daughter that she had with another man Finn, Finn was a predator who took advantage of Meredith and knocked her up. She wanted to keep the baby but they wouldn't let her until Ellis was six.

She really did love Ellis and she did want her back, but it would be hard to explain to the entire family and especially Derek, the twins were still very young so they wouldn't know a difference. Meredith always thought they would never end up giving her back.

She arrived at the border where she showed her passport and drove to the spot where they told her to meet them, she waited a bit before she saw a black car with tinted windows pull up. She immediately thought they didn't have Ellis until the back car door opened and she saw a little blonde girl who had tears in her eyes as she ran through the snow and to Meredith and hugged her tightly as Meredith bent down and hugged her back. She picked Ellis up and held her in her arms as tears glistened in her eyes as she finally felt whole again.

"She's all yours," one of the guys said as he dropped a duffel bag in front of her and drove off as Meredith still held Ellis.

"Ты хочешь пойти сейчас?" Meredith asked as she pulled away gently and look into her daughter's eyes with tears. (You wanna go now?)

"Да" she replied as she hugged mother again. (Yes)

Meredith brought her back in the car as she drove back to the family house.

"У меня есть семья, которая будет там" Meredith told her ( I have some family that are going to be there)

"Я знаю, у меня сеть три брата и две сестры" she replied ( I know, I have three brothers and two sisters)

"И я знаю, что ты женат" she replied with tears in her eyes (and I know you're married)

"Да, но это не значат, что я не люблю тебя, ты знаешь, почему я не позволил мне оставить тебя?" She asked ( yes, but that doesn't mean I don't love you, you know why they didn't let me keep you? )

"Да" she replied as she looked back out the window. (yes)

They made it to the house where everyone else was, Meredith helped Ellis out of the car as Ellis tightly held her hand as they slowly walked into the house. As soon as Ellis saw everyone in the room she hid behind Meredith.

"It's will be confusing so I will tell you now, a few years back when I lived in Russia I dated a man Finn who took advantage of mean and I got pregnant. They didn't let me keep the baby and they told me I would get her back when she was at the age of five, and she's five now, but she doesn't speak English" Meredith said as everyone stared at her in shock

"What?" Derek asked as he walked closer to Meredith, him holding Devereux.

"I have another daughter, Derek, I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I thought I would never get her back," Meredith said as tears fell down her cheeks.

"It's okay," he said, he was still shocked at what he had just heard but he couldn't tell her that he wouldn't accept her child, their child.

"She only speaks Russian?" Derek asked

"Yes" Meredith replied as she wiped her tears

"Privet, menya zovut Derek, ya mucz tvoyey mamy" he said as he crouched down in front of Ellis as she did behind Meredith. (Hi, my name is Derek, I'm your mommy's husband)

"Privet, menya zovut Ellis," she said softly. (Hi, my name is Ellis)