67| missing Sullivan

HER

It was the next day and I woke up and Sullivan was still asleep in my arms with his head on my chest, u rubbed my hand over the side of his head and rubbed my finger over his small chubby cheek. I could feel the bump on the back of his head with my hand, it felt so much bigger than it did yesterday and it hurt to know that his small head had such a big head.

The doctor came and handed me the discharge papers, I sighed them and handed them back. I got Sullivan ready for him and put my coat back over him and put my boots back on, grabbed my purse and then left the hospital.

I unlocked my car and sat him down in his car seat as he slept, I got in the driver's seat, started the car and drove off.

I arrived at the house, I got Sullivan and my things and brought him inside the house after I locked my car. I walked into the house and saw that lights were all off, I walked in and turned the lights on them brought Sullivan into the boy's room, laid him down in his bed and gently closed the door.

I went into our bedroom and gently opened the door and saw Derek sleeping in bed with his shirt off. I undressed out of my clothes and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

I washed my hair and body then afterwards shaved my entire body, I got out of the shower and dried myself along with my hair. I blow-dried my hair then curled it, I got dressed into a black dress with a bow tied to my hip along with black socks.

I went back into the bedroom and sat down on the side of the bed and ran my fingers through his hair as I waited till he woke.

After a few minutes, I started to feel him stir.

"Hey" I smiled my voice still a bit raspy, I leaned down to kiss his cheek softly

"Hey, you're home" he smiled, held my hand and brought up to his lips to kiss

"Yea," I said as I kissed his forehead

"How's Sullivan?" He asked, sitting up front his laying position

"He's good, he's stayed asleep the whole way here so I brought him to bed," I said

"That's good, Matthew and Devereux will be happy when they wake up and see that he's home" he smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"How was it? With the kids alone" I asked him

"It was..different," he said

"What do you mean different?" I asked him

"Well we always say that Sullivan's a handful and he's more work than the others, but the entire day it wasn't the same without him, it was weird seeing only Matthew and Devereux knowing there was supposed to be another blonde playing with them, the entire day I spent time with my four kids when there was supposed to be my fifth but he wasn't"

"I know, Sullivan's a big part of our family," I told him as I rubbed my thumb over his cheek, his eyes starting to well up

"I can't imagine what would have happened had it been more than just a concussion," he said, looking up at me with a tear running down his cheek.

"I know, me either, but at least he's okay now and back home" I smiled gently, wiping the tear off his cheek

"Yea" I whispered as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"So, you were all sleeping? It's a little late" I said, rubbing the side of his head, soothing him

"Yea, the boys had a hard time sleeping last night without Sullivan there, they kept asking when he was going to be back, or if he was going to be okay," he said

"Yea, it must have been a big difference without their brother, essentially Matthew, he's always saying that twins know when the others hurt," I said

"Yea, a twin thing, is it real?" Derek asked me, lifting his head up from my shoulder to look at me in the eye

"What?" I asked him

"The whole twin thing, is it real?" he asked me

"Yea, in a way, it is" I smiled

"So, right now, you can feel when William is hurting?" He asked, leaning up against the soft headboard

"Yes," I smiled, thinking of the memories of me and William from my childhood.

"I'm just glad he's okay" he whispered as he cuddled into my side

"Me too" I whispered and kissed the top of his head, pushing the hair from the side of his head back.