98| bee sting

DEREK SHEPHERD

"Meredith, it's not a big deal" I Sighed as I stood by the kitchen counter.

"That's why I'm telling you I don't need them," she said as she placed down a plate of fruit in front of Blythe.

"They'll help you drive, and you'll be surprised at how well you can see if you get them"

"I don't see the point, they're just going to get in the way, I'll always have to push them up and then I'll lose them and then they'll break. It's just not worth it" she walked over to me.

"It is worth it if they help you see better"

"Yea, yea, we'll see. I have an appointment in two days, do you wanna come?" She whispered the last part.

"Yes, I do. When do you think we should tell the kids?" I asked her.

"maybe when I'm farther along and they start noticing the weight gain," she said looking down at her belly.

"you have gained some weight... I never thought I'd say that to women" I replied

" it's small but it's there, I'm sure they'll notice soon, and when one of them ask I'll tell them" she said "can you get the kids ready for when your mother comes?" she asked and I nodded my head yes.

MEREDITH GREY

Derek went to go get the kids ready for when his mother comes to watch them. I cleaned the dishes before drying them and putting them away.

I turned around when I realized Ellis was nowhere to be seen I looked around and I couldn't see her anywhere. I soothed out my black dress before going upstairs and down the hall to Ellis's room.

I knocked on the door and didn't hear anything then knocked once more before opening the door to find Ellis still in bed.

"Ellis, you were supposed to be up and downstairs hours ago," I told her walking to her side of the bed to face her face to face.

"mommy, I don't feel good" she groaned into the pillow, Ellis was never one to pretend to be sick just for the attention so I knew she wasn't lying.

"what's wrong? what hurts?" I asked her sitting on the side of the bed, brushing the hair out of her face.

"my stomach hurts" she said sitting up a bit.

"why don't you go into the bathroom, take a shower, get cleaned up. it should make you feel a bit better" I told her, she nodded her head a bit before pulling the covers off and walking over into the bathroom.

I stood up and went to take off the covers when I saw a large bloodstain on the white sheets, my eyes widen as I saw it.

"MOMMY!" I heard come from the bathroom.

"coming" I replied as I knew what she was going to ask.

I went into the bathroom where I saw Ellis crying.

"okay why don't you take your clothes off, get in the shower while I clean these, your not dying you're just turning into a woman," I told her as she did as I said and I took her clothes into the laundry room and threw them into the washer. I went into our bathroom got a few pads from under the sink and brought them into Ellis's room. I unwrapped a pad put it on a pair of underwear and picked put some comfortable clothes for her then brought them into the bathroom for when she finishes showering.

I then went back downstairs to where I found all the other kids dressed and playing or watching tv. "is Ellis alright?" Derek asked me as I went back into the kitchen. "yea, she's fine she's just not feeling very well. she's going to stay in bed for the rest of the day" I told him. "does she need the go to the hospital?" he asked "no, it's not that bad, she'll be fine" I said before making a bottle of milk.

"Are you sure?" he asked once more "yes, I'm sure" I said taking the bottle screwing the lid on it, and bringing it to Blythe. "thank you, mama" she smiled as she took the bottle from my hand and drank it happily. "you welcome, sweetheart" I kissed her cheek as she continued to watch tv. I went upstairs and into Devereux's bedroom and picked up all his clothes off the floor and put it into a laundry basket. "boys!" I yelled until I heard footsteps running up the stairs.

"yea, mom?" they said standing by the doorway. "yea mom is all you have to say? look at this room, you boys need to clean up after yourselves if you don't want to be grounded for a month" I said as Christopher pushed through his older brothers and hugged my legs. "I'll go clean my room, mommy" he mumbled into my skirt. "thank you, baby" I bent down and kissed the top of his head before he ran out of the room and into his to clean his room.

"Devereux, clean this room. Matthew, Sullivan go clean your rooms, Now" I said sternly as they nodded and went to their rooms. "a month?" I saw Derek smirking as he stood by the stairs with his arms crossed. "it's the only way they listen, and you can teach them some things" I said pushing the laundry basket into his chest before going back downstairs.

I picked up a few toys from the floor and put them in the toy chest. "when you're not playing with the toys please put them in the chest" I said to Amelia and kissed the side of her head as she nodded her head. "mommy, can you put my hair in a ponytail, please?" Daphne came downstairs with a hair tie. "of course" I sat down on the couch as she walked in front of me and tied her golden curls into a ponytail. "thank you" she smiled and leaned up to peck my cheek and ran to play with Amelia.

"Daphne, where's Eloise? I haven't seen her this morning" I said "I think she's sleeping, I tried waking her up but she said her foot still hurts from the bee sting yesterday" she answered. "Eloise won't get out of bed," Derek said coming downstairs. "I know, Daphne just told me her foot still hurts from the bee sting yesterday," I said getting up.

"do you think it's infected?" he asked me. "maybe, I'll go check on her," I said before going upstairs.

I honestly don't know what to write for this story, I'm clueless.