01 : Bittersweet.

[BITTERSWEET]

♠[BITTERSWEET]

"What do you mean he didn't make it ?!"

The nurse pursed her lips, looking at the ground.

Ryeon Arabella, heir to the North Korean mafia was mixed, which was a problem for a country like this, cruelty, racism, misogyny..

Arabella had been through it all.

The only person she has is her father.. Well, had.

Her mother was assassinated by the North Korean government just because of the color of her skin, which made Arabella's father even more protective of his daughter.

He had always planned for her to take over regardless of her race or gender, Ryeon Daehi showed her the ropes from a young age, preparing her shoulders for the massive burden they'd have to carry.

When she was ten years-old, he taught her how to load and shoot with a gun and at twelve, the girl already had blood on her hands.

She had to man up to be respected so naturally, everyone working under her father treated her as such.

It's not like they had much of a choice, a small thing such as not bowing when she walked past got them shot in the head immediately, forcing it down forever.

"When I ask questions I expect answers !" Arabella's voice raised as she shouted at the nurse who kept looking at the ground.

"The.. The bullet was deadly, it went right in.. His heart."

Arabella felt her chest tighten, the room spinning around her.

She couldn't believe her father, her protector, the only person in this universe who cared about her and who she cared for was dead.

He couldn't be gone.

Her fingers ran her through her curly hair nervously, a humorless laugh escaping her lips.

"Who ?" She asked, turning to her father's right hand man, Ryeon Daehi's shadow who never left his side.

"Young madam-"

"I asked who did this ! Why the hell is everyone trying to get on my nerves today ?!"

Her patience was running thin, her emotions were out of control.

Today was not the day to even breathe near Arabella.

"South Korean mafia." He answered quickly, clearing his throat.

He valued his life, he knew her enough to know that beating around the bush would only lead to his death.

Out of loyalty for Ryeon Daehi, he couldn't afford to let himself die before seeing Arabella succeed and certainly not by said woman's hands.