Faith part 4

"So, Roy really believes." Sam said.

"I don't think he has any idea what his wife's doing." Dean said.

"Oh? Ali found this hidden in their library." Sam held up the small book Alison found. "It's ancient, written by a priest who went dark side. There's a binding spell in here for trapping a reaper." He explained and handed the book to dean.

"Must be a hell of a spell." Dean said.

"Yeah. You got to build a black altar with seriously dark stuff— bones, human blood. To cross a line like that, that preachers wife— black magic, murder...evil." Sam said.

"Desperate." Dean added. "Her husband was dying. She'd have done anything to save him. She was using the spell to keep the reaper away from Roy." He said.

"Cheating death." Sam said then chuckled. "Literally."

"Yeah, but Roy is alive, so why is she still using the spell?" Dean asked.

"Right. To force the reaper to kill people she thinks are immoral." Sam said.

Dean sighed and set the book down.

"God save us from half the people who they're doing gods work." He said.

"We got to break that binding spell, dean." Sam stated.

Dean glanced up at him.

"You know, Sue Ann had a coptic cross like this. When she dropped it, the reaper backed off." He told him.

"So you think about we got to find the cross or destroy the altar?" Sam asked him.

"Maybe both." Dean said. "Whatever we do, we'd better do it soon." He said. "Roy's healing Layla tonight." He got up off the bed and moved up to his sleeping daughter.

~~~

Alison yawned as the impala pulled back into the muddy parking lot.

"That's Layla's car." Sam said. "She's already here."

"Yeah."

Sam looked over at his brother.

"Dean—"

"If Roy would've picked Layla instead of me, she'd be healed right now." Dean said making Alison look up.

"Dean, don't." Sam started.

"And if she's not healed tonight, she's gonna die in a couple months." Dean continued.

"What's happening to her is horrible. But what are you gonna do— let somebody else die to save her?" Sam questioned. "You said it yourself, dean— you can't play god."

Alison looked down at her hands that lid in her lap as the silence started. It ended by dean opening his door and getting out.

Sam followed his actions and got Alison out while doing so.

They walked around the tent and to the front, Dean pulled the curtain back and they looked inside where Layla was going up on stage with roy.

"Where's Sue Ann?" Dean questioned.

"House." Sam said.

They started towards the house.

"You two go find Sue Ann. I'll catch up." Dean told them.

"What are you..." Sam was cut short by Dean pushing him and Alison behind a bus.

"Hey!" Dean called out to the cops who led him out of the tent earlier. "You gonna put that fear of god in me?" He questioned them.