Chapter 7

"Are you going to say something?"

Kai and I were sited back at the kitchen table.

"I'm thinking," Kai dismisses me touching his temple.

"Well think harder." I let out a sigh, raking my hand through my hair.

We sit in silence for a couple of moments until I decide to speak. "I've never seen that grimoire before."

Kai directs his attention from the table to me.

"You haven't," his eyebrows raise, and I shake my head.

It was different not like the other grimoires I had dug through like something dark alluring from it.

Kai eyes me again waiting for me to say something.

"I don't think it was just a regular grimoire," I say.

"Yeah, no shit," he retorts and I place my fingers on the bridge of my nose trying not to lose my cool with a certain sociopathic witch.

"Anyways, why do you think it just magically appeared here."

He purses his lips. "What if your friends were trying to send you a message."

Did I hear that right? With all this worrying about being trapped with a psychopath, I hadn't really been thinking of the possibility that my friends would be doing everything they could to get me out of here.

I blink a couple of times. "Do you think it was them," I ask pleading for the fact that somehow my friends were able to send me a message....or at least tried to.

"Maybe," he rests his forearms on the island and lets out a breath.

After a minute of silence, he looks to the side causing me to do the same.

I spot a calendar on the wall that I hadn't noticed before and eye the date curiously.

November 27.

"It's Thanksgiving," I think out loud. Caroline had this whole Friendsgiving planned out even though bonnie and Damon weren't going to be there she still figured we celebrate in a sort of honor to them.

"Oh, it is."

I nod slightly as the thought that I wouldn't be having Thanksgiving with my friends suddenly take over my thoughts.

Kai tilts his head slightly before getting up from his seat.

I give him a "What are you doing" Look before he answers me.

"I'm going to the grocery store," he says nonchalantly.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because it's Thanksgiving and it's not Thanksgiving without a Thanksgiving feast."

I let out another sigh. "We have more important things to do kai instead of having thanksgiving together," I rub my fingers against my temples.

"But Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday," he presses.

"Ok but-"

"-Anyways, I'll be going," he cuts me off walking out of the kitchen. 

"Wait," I voice but I already hear the front door open.

"Already out the door," I hear him say right before hearing it close.

...

Kai's POV

When I finally make it to the store I stroll into Bells Grocery store. I grab a shopping cart and make my way down the aisles.

The first thing I spot is a bag of pork rinds and even though they're not exactly thanksgiving food there still pork rides so I have to get them. Duh.